Author Topic: Programmer Help, with pics  (Read 10393 times)

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Programmer Help, with pics
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:01:53 AM »
I build a programmer from this schematic

and well I cant get the chip to program it says read 003fff wanted 0030ff, and gives osic errors, and all kind of stuff so I think it's an error in my programmer.  so here are the pics of the programmer, if anybody sees any errors please let me know, and it you need any more info from the pics let me know.

I've got my chips and can't do anything with them, anybody got any ideas?

Hawk

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Programmer Help, with pics
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
For people wanting a good programmer, try this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/16F84A-16F876A-16F877-18F4550-JDM-PIC-Serial-Programmer_W0QQitemZ360045028111QQihZ023QQcategoryZ4663QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

That's the one I bought a while ago and it does EVERYTHING. I've used this for all of Mike's codes and my own. Granted it's $16 after shipping, but it saves time and headaches.

This is the very same board I use to program my PS3 rapid fire chip I will be releasing soon. Figured I'd but it with that. As for your problem hawk, I have no idea, but I just stated a simple solution for everyone.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »
Actually, your pics are pretty good. My first concern is the amount of extra solder splashes all over. Have you tested for possible shorts? Second, make sure that the RS232 cable you are using has all 9 wires pass through in it. Alot of serial cables now a days only have three wires in them instead of all 9.

Other than that, Im not sure. I am fairly certain that your com port is working with the software since you are getting weird errors like that.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 04:45:37 PM »
Actually, your pics are pretty good. My first concern is the amount of extra solder splashes all over. Have you tested for possible shorts? Second, make sure that the RS232 cable you are using has all 9 wires pass through in it. Alot of serial cables now a days only have three wires in them instead of all 9.

Other than that, Im not sure. I am fairly certain that your com port is working with the software since you are getting weird errors like that.

I'm not using a cable, that plugs right into the com port, winpic says that the programmer is initalized properly but gives errors and such.  I forgot to post pics of the back here they are.

As for the extra solder I change the transistor on the bread board to go with the plans of another programmer, and the serial connector was used for a jtag cable that i made, and just unsoldered it. But I've checked and there isn't any jumpers of any shorts to anything that there isn't supposed to be.

Hawk

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 05:17:47 PM »
hmm it looks like you copy  and pasted 2 spots next to the blue and red solder connections. what happened there?

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
the metal rings are gone from where I removed the old transister, so I made it look better, haha.

Hawk

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »
oh gotcha :P

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 06:45:20 PM »
Your pic shows a 2N3904 NPN transistor. The schematic calls for an NFET BS170.I havent tested the 2N3904 yet to see if it is a suitable replacement.
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
Your pic shows a 2N3904 NPN transistor. The schematic calls for an NFET BS170.I havent tested the 2N3904 yet to see if it is a suitable replacement.

Um I got the part number from the listing from xboxscene.  I'll get that other transister and try it tomorrow, do you know of anything from radioshack that will work as a replacement for it?  Because I couldn't find the BS170 on the site.

Hawk
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:57:01 PM by mhawk134 »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 08:09:09 PM »
IRF510

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 08:14:35 PM »
IRF510

Thats what I had the first time, but it didn't work either, maybe I didn't have the pins on the bottom right, can I just take out the one that I have and then put in the IRF510, and not move any wires around?  because I have one of those already.

Hawk

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 08:43:06 PM »

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »
delete that 3904 crap, serial port has power, you dont need it.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 09:57:21 PM »
delete that 3904 crap, serial port has power, you dont need it.
Not if you use a laptop, if you use a laptop the serial port doesn't give enough power. You need an external usb or other power source to use it on laptops.

If he's using a laptop of course :taunt:

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 10:35:07 PM »
he has to have a serial port on laptop, cause thats for power only, not programing. if your on a desktop use this diagram, pics are alittle crude put all parts are from ratshack

http://wiinewz.com/forums/yaosm/66819-yaosm-scratch.html

ill make a new diagram for this with radio shack part #'s
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:46:45 PM by gameroms »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 10:38:39 PM »
You don't get what I'm saying do you? The serial port on laptops isn't enough to power a serial programmer. I've read that over and over and over from multiple sources online, you need an alternate power source too.

Oh, and OP, use the [img width=xxx]link here[ /img] code instead. Make those pics smaller so you can stop screwing up the page width :taunt: Lulz.

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »
read closer to 1st line of last topic, i know he needs both on laptop. duh :victory:

he has to have a serial port on laptop, cause thats for power only, not programing

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 06:25:21 AM »
Ok I'm using this on my desktop, my laptop doesn't have serial or parallel ports it's too new, and yeah i know that the laptop doesn't give enough power if it had serial on my laptop that is.  I make the pics big so you can see whats going on, I cant even see the traces in that schemtaic that he told me to use it's too small.  I've got the IF510 now my question is what pin goes to the + from the USB?  Which one goes to pin 4, and which one goes to pin one, I'm thinking source goes to the + but I'm not 100% sure, and as for the rest IDK.

Hawk

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 07:16:38 AM »
i know you cant really see traces, ill make a diagram my self today with ratshack part #'s

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 08:10:28 AM »
I just noticed your image is different than mine:

this one shows the DGS points better.

Offline mhawk134

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 09:14:50 AM »
Aight guys and gals good news, I got the programmer working, the only problems is the thing take me to the device screen and says read  12F683 instead of 12F668 or something like that, any ideas on this one guys?

Hawk

Offline hackeruk

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 05:49:57 PM »
where in the uk can i buy a the PIc for the rapid fire controller in the uk i need like about 10 because me and all me mates want them. so is there a website or shop to go to to buy them i have a programmer on its way (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310076119772&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=021)

thanks for any help

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal