Author Topic: 360 Keybored ?  (Read 3645 times)

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
360 Keybored ?
« on: August 28, 2008, 06:52:05 AM »
Well im a pc gamer from way back cs 1.3 if yall know what im saying i was on team 3d for 4 yrs and went to cpl nati. 4 times .... so i really like using the keybored and mouse to game with you can get a lil more "ownage" going on. so iv been thinking with out buying a sniper x2 or what ever it is what i can make to be able to use the mouse and keybored on my 360.... well the keybored iv got is this
keyboreds work on the 360 no prob.. its the mouse that we need to mess with...

and im moding it to have joysticks on both sids. now all i need is to find how to use the mouse and have it accurate any ideas will be cool ..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:54:26 AM by SillyNuts »

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: 360 Keybored ?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:21:06 AM »
You want either an XFPS and XIM, or, an XIM 2. You can see the XFPS sitting next to the 360 and the XIM is sitting between the monitors and mouse. I actually build and sell a lot of the original XIMs. They work for both the 360 and the PS3.

The XIM 2 isn't even released yet. Do it yourself kits just finished the manufacturing process and are now going through the programming process. There is still no estimate for the prebuilt kits. I have 2 d.i.y. kits on order and I'm hoping to receive them within the next couple of weeks.

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:42:28 AM »
you say you did it for the xbox 360 show me list parts where to buy or what ever but i will not pay for that damn xp thingy 100$ ? thats crazy as hell ... i can do it with just the controller some wire and a microcontroller it just looks gethooooo

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »
If you want to do it right now, then you need the xfps. There's no way around it. The xfps is used to bypass the 360 security.

To use the xim 1 you would need it, a wired controller, and any version of the xfps. When using the xim, the only purpose the xfps serves is to get past the 360 security. From that point, the xim does all the work. So you could pick up a used, original version of the xfps off eBay for cheap and it'd work fine with the xim.

If you want nothing to do with the xfps, then you'll have to wait. The xim 2 does away with the need for the xfps. It requires a 005 model MS wired controller and the xim 2 modchip. But the diy kits are sold out and there's no estimate for the prebuilts. And the prebuilts will go in a matter of hours; selling for aprox $150.

There is a fairly good-sized community involved with gaming on the 360 with a kb/m setup. It's helped me a lot being able to play with a kb/m. Being 37, my reaction times just aren't as good as those teenagers.

Make your own xim 1: http://obsiv.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!948789BF56FAF394!282.entry

Official xim site: http://xim360.com/community/index.php

Like I said, I sell prebuilt xims. But with the skills you have, you can easily build it yourself. So if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll gladly help out.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:46:34 PM »
are u guys like using the mouse and the keyboard for the controller, just like pc version of cod4?
how much are ur kits?
and in ur 1st pic is that 360 dvd drive being used? where did u get the cord to put it over there?

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »
Yes, just like the pc version. Except, you still play with all your friends on LIVE and you don't have to upgrade your 360 every 6 months when a new game comes out like with a pc.

I sell my xims for $63.50 plus shipping on eBay. And I sell a lot of them. They work with both the 360 and the PS3. But I'm not trying to hijack Sillys thread to drum up sales. So I'll be the first to tell you that anyone with some soldering skills can make their own xim 1. And I'll be glad to help anyone who wants to make their own and have any questions.

@ Silly; like I said, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. If you want me to edit any of this, just let me know and I'll happily do so.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:39:48 PM »
aight we can talk on msn or somthin
but is that dvd drive being used? the one to the way right

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 07:29:08 PM »
The drive is hooked up to my pc, but not for any purpose regarding the keyboard and mouse.

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »
1 i know thats not a pic of your pc sit up cuz iv seen that video with that situp on youtube.. 2 you can do it with out xfps or what ever cuz i have there is no need to buy that :censored: and ill prove it just like ppl said the 555 timer is no good i busted that :censored: right out the door and ill bust this too... like i said you can do it without any of that xim xfps :censored: by using a led mouse and a 5.0 ms keybored with 2.0 usb. iv did it the only thang was a lil laggy but i will fix it and ill post this :censored: for free so it will smash them gay xfps :censored:s.

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 08:24:01 PM »
no need in being a jackass, he was offering to help you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 08:29:55 PM by gameroms »

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 08:39:39 PM »
Just how sure are you that you know that's not a pic of my pc setup? I hope you're not a betting man. :winker:

Because these pictures sure look like the same setup in the first picture I posted. Of course with the exception that the Premium 360 in the first pic (which was taken a couple months ago) is now replaced with the Elite, which also happens to show the uv rol I posted in a couple other threads. And low-and-behold; that sure looks my forum user name in the last pic. Don't sweat it; apology accepted. Lets move on.

I don't know why you got so worked up. I'm pretty sure no one here in the thread is out to get you. And I already said that it can be done without the xfps, because it already has been. I'm sure we can all agree that the xfps is a piece of crap. All I said was that the xfps is used to link the xim and controller so it can bypass the 360 security. And there is already a method to eliminate the xfps which is close to being released.

If you have any ideas and would like others to help test them, by all means, just ask.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:36:15 PM by bill16504 »

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 08:56:18 PM »
i didnt get worked up iv seen that situp (or one damn close) and the kid that was talking didint know hes ass from a hole in the ground and just buys thing cuz he cant make them. what im saying is this.... the xfps DOES not bypass anything. it just simple takes care of the "deadzone" there is nothing to bypass. the xfps dose not need the xim to run at all works fine without it... and the xfps has umm about 25$ worth of parts in it that you can get from radioshack. iv made a program to run on the pc that you cross thread to a 20 pin mico. to read out the x and y axe. its just a lot of ugly looking mess this is the only reason it has not gone anywhere ..... and also you do not need to worry about the so called "security" on the xbox all it is is a bypass module .... want to fix it ? plug in a dead usb any thing muse broke controller so long as the port is grounded. back salves that... now on to the using the mouse part of this... hmmm how can we do this ? by using a 5.0 ms mouse that is 2.0 usb... now we need to get a pic (yes just like we use in rapid fire) i and put some hex to its a s s  :winker: (ill be done with the hex in a week or so.) and after that you need to wire the green wire from the mouse the the 5 pin of the pic the wite to the 1 and black and read will go as neg and pos. not sure how i will layout the pins yet but somthing along them lines.

i didint get mad at all bro ... just hate when ebay or any other person(s) out there charge 123123123$ for somthing that cost  like ummm ? 12$ ? that is crazy... and yes i will be (c) my work but it will all be free... to the public just to (c) so egays cant sell it :censored:ing egay.

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
you cant save the world, hero!! ebay will live on, trust me.

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 10:32:06 PM »
It's all good. I'm not the "kid" you're thinking about. In fact, I'm 37 years old, so I'm far from being a kid.

I know you don't need the xim for the xfps to work. But the xfps is a laggy piece of crap when used by itself. The xim is smooth as silk and is does exactly what you're trying to do. It just uses the ps2 port to connect the xim to the 360.

But enough about the xim. I only mentioned it because it does what you are trying to do, and the plans and software for it are free. You just buy your own parts and build it. This is your thread and your project, so lets focus on that.

You want to use the mouse and keyboard as a game controller. You're going to need to write a program to map each controller function to each key/mouse button. Or is it your plan to dissect a mouse and keyboard, modify them, and have them committed to the sole purpose of functioning as a 360 controller?

Also, you want this to be user-friendly, so you're going to have to add the ability to let users map their own keys. And each 360 game "feels" different from the next when you're using a mouse and keyboard. So you're going to need to at least be able to have the sensitivity and x/y ratio adjustable.

And I'm still not convinced about your explaination for the security. Meaning I don't understand what you're were trying to type when you wrote
and also you do not need to worry about the so called "security" on the xbox all it is is a bypass module .... want to fix it ? plug in a dead usb any thing muse broke controller so long as the port is grounded. back salves that

What I took from that statement was you're saying that by plugging in any old usb device, the security is bypassed.

If it were as simple as you say, then there would be a flood of cheap, third party controllers on the market for the 360. You can't plug in any old usb device and expect the 360 to just allow it to run, let alone function as a controller. When the controller is plugged in to the 360, there is a "handshake" which takes place between the two. Meaning, the 360 looks for an identifing key from the accessory which is being plugged in before it allows it to function. This key tells the 360 that it is officially licensed by MS and is then allowed to function. That is already a known fact.

So if you have a method of bypassing the "handshake", please post some info or a video. I learn something new everyday, so I'd love to add that process to my collection.

Offline SillyNuts

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
yes you can bypass it that eazy like i siad man iv did it give me a few weeks and it will be up iv allready wrote the software.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »
whel, id like do set this up on my xbox silly so could you make a quick tut or something when your done?

Offline SplinterDs

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »
bill16504 what the name of those screens u got their

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 02:11:34 PM »
Left monitor is an HP w2207 and the right is a Samsung SyncMaster 914v. The HP is nice because it has a gloss screen. It's not like the regular matte screens on other monitors. The gloss helps the colors stand out better. I'm quite happy with it.

Offline SplinterDs

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 02:45:52 PM »
how did u hock up ur 360 2 the monitor

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
With the 360 vga cable.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 05:33:06 PM »
hmm i might buy one of those vga cables...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal