Author Topic: Need advice about the soundboard mod (Help!!!!)  (Read 1743 times)

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Need advice about the soundboard mod (Help!!!!)
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:10:42 AM »
Hello people! i've just changed over my led mod to a direct sound mod as the leds on the soundboard were too bright (i know, it's great when theer ultra bright, but they were so bright that they wouldn't blink) i've tried adding a few 10ohm resistors to the pos wire but is doesn't seem to help. has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have some advice so how to lower there brightness.

I'd keep the direct mod but it's affected my sound. i only added two leds per speaker. :confused:

-Edit-

Ok another question, if i added a few more leds to the soundboard i take it that would dim the rest as there would be more power being taken. is that correct?

-Edit-

Right then, i put the soundboard back in the psp with an extra 2 leds (6 in total), but it's still very bright. i could still uses some help if anyone has some ideas?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:54:46 AM by Aphex »

Offline crashman2k7

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need advice about the soundboard mod (Help!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 02:06:49 AM »
well as i stated the original 30k 191k setup isnt that effective i use 100k 100k ohm resista and they flash and react increably u can check out my older video on utube 2.0 and 1.0 (user name sircrashalot)
dont like the 30 / 191 setup to much.

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:17:43 AM »
hey actually i got the same problem as you too. the leds were shining too bright. i was using the green ones. they were bright green. then after some time the colour turned into a 'lime green' or something. much softer than before, less bright. and almost burnt my hand touching one. then they burnt.
one of them got black burnt marks.
most of my leds are broken because of that. *sigh*

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 04:21:41 AM »
well as i stated the original 30k 191k setup isnt that effective i use 100k 100k ohm resista and they flash and react increably u can check out my older video on utube 2.0 and 1.0 (user name sircrashalot)
dont like the 30 / 191 setup to much.

I had a look at your videos. nice work mate! like what you've done. so from what i understand, you used one 100k resistor on the + speaker. what that with a soundboard or the chip?

Offline Thane

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 04:36:35 AM »
I had a look at your videos. nice work mate! like what you've done. so from what i understand, you used one 100k resistor on the + speaker. what that with a soundboard or the chip?
well i followed l0rd_nico's tutorial precisely, using the 30k n 191k resistors. my first attempt was a failure, failed to lit up, only 1 actually. haha. then i soldered them directly.
my second attempt was kinda successful. minus the burnt leds, yeah. haha

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 04:58:15 AM »
ok, i've tried that method but it's still blowing leds. The chip works fine for the phat psp (i've modded 4 so far without problems) but every time i use it in a slim, it over powers them. how do i fix this problem???

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 06:09:48 AM »
sorry to bump, but i still haven't a clue how to fix this. i tried adding a resistor to the pos wire to the leds but now they won't flash, they just stay on. they only flash when i plug in my headphones (which i didn't think was possibal).

i could really use the help from the AM community.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal