Author Topic: xbox controller to pc gamepad  (Read 3540 times)

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
xbox controller to pc gamepad
« on: August 26, 2008, 01:27:55 PM »
i decided i didnt like making a conversion cable out of the dongle 'cause not all controllers use a dongle, so i made a new way, kill the memory card port, solder wires going to the corresponding points, kill a memory card, attach a USB cord to the inside, now i have a memory card adapter so i can just plug it into the controller, plug it into the pc and play. heres a vid showing it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Sxl446Hto

pictures and another vid showing it still works with the xbox console to come, maybe a tut if this gets enough interest

P.S. sorry for the very poopish video, my camera quality sucks for pics, and for vids its either quality or quantity, i went with quality so it jumped around a lot. sorry.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 01:29:46 PM by kink192 »
It's been a long time

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
Re: xbox controller to pc gamepad
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:23:27 AM »
sweet idea i use a tut

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 02:20:45 PM »
kool, ok first i want to make sure you have the right stuff, youll need:
soldering iron
solder
wire strippers
memory card
official microsoft controller this will not work with third party
usb cord
wire

what you need to do, crack open the memory card and locate the male part of the jack, u want to leave just that and the part of the board its attached to. no other circuitry. then solder each wire to a pin on the board. make sure you remember which wire you put where. i usually go from right to left red,white,green,black.

then make a hole at the top of the memory card for the wire to come out of. after that, crack open th controller, follow the cord until you find where its connected on the board, flip it over and solder a length of wire from each of the needed pins. you will need red, green, white, black, there should be two left over, yellow and blue/thick black, leave em, after that pick a port, youre going to kill it, take whatever means you use to cut wire and cut the port from the main board, leaving enough to solder onto, solder the wires that you spliced with the main wire to the corresponding pins, remember that this hasta match up with the usb cord you have running thru the memory card. after that youre pretty much done. all thats left is to install the drivers on you computer and plug and play. i havent found any drivers for linux or mac os x but for windows i use XBCD [XBox Controller Drivers].
google it.

there you have it, a removable usb cord attachment that doesnt require you to murder and hack apart a break away cable.

REMEMBER: DOES NOT WORK WITH THIRD PARTY CONTROLLERS.

i am not responsible if you screw up your controller of computer btw, just throwing that in there
It's been a long time

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 05:29:40 PM »
cool thanks i will be trying this soon

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 03:33:43 PM »
post your results, but seriously, be careful, if you get a short you can kill the controller and temporarily kill the usb port
It's been a long time

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »
i need to get another controller first,only have the one right now,and cant risk frying it,almost got zelda solved,,lol

but i will be getting another xbox soon so i can make one a linux box and should have an extra controller

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:17:28 AM »
gotcha, good luck with the linux box as well
It's been a long time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal