Author Topic: Bacteria's Mini-Platform Plug'n'Play Portable Console  (Read 1600 times)

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
Bacteria's Mini-Platform Plug'n'Play Portable Console
« on: August 30, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »

YouTube video

Project step-by-step guide on my website (see sig).

TV plug'n'play systems have great games on them, but the controls are pretty bad; the systems are also not portable as they need to plug into a television to play a game. With my system, a plug'n'play system is ripped apart and put inside a small game cartridge, which are then interchangeable (like my Multi-Platform system). The controls on my system are very easy to use and the d-pad works far far better than the clunky "joystick" on plug'n'play systems. This is a unique project as the cartridges are interchangeable via my universal cart slot.

System includes two Canon 911 Li-ion batteries, 2000mA each = 4000mA, enough to keep the system running before recharge for about 4.5 hours or so. The batteries simply pop out for recharging, so if I have a spare set of batteries then can be utilised. There is also a video and audio jack and an audio jack.

This was a very involving project, pleased to have finished it in time. Over the next weeks, I will make more plug'n'play cartridges for the system.

Weight including game cart and batteries - c. 700g without batteries and game cart c. 450g

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
Re: Bacteria's Mini-Platform Plug'n'Play Portable Console
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:44:35 PM »
looks nice, good job!

Offline PcPsp13

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • RastAFActioN