Author Topic: Flashing Leds  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
Flashing Leds
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:30:16 AM »
Hey guys I found something really cool at work one day when a new shipment of Flashing Mouth peace toys came in. Which are these things below.

I took the board out of the mouth peace and cheched how many the volts each battery is for the mouth peace to light up. Its 3v by the way and i want to install this in my psp but im gonna change the Led colors. At this time im trying to connect the the 2 battery points together and i believe the need a resistor if im gonna have this board run of the power point below the the left speaker. I havent done the calculations for resistors in awhile so anyone know what resistor i will need for this. Its 5v for the points below the left speaker and the batteries for the flashing mouth board is 3v.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: Flashing Leds
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »
hmm those will be some interesting lights. Where do you plan on putting them? I'm not sure about the resistors though.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »
use a multimeter to find out the amps of the points below the speaker,then use it to find the amps of the current supply to the board,and THEN you can calculate the resistance of each circuit,the difference in resistance will be the resistor size you'll need
Derp.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 05:01:49 PM »
sounds awesome  :hifive:
I am doing a similar mod. I am taking a 5 mode flashlight circuit board from dealextreme and putting it in my slim. I just need to get off the computer and do it haha.
the modes are:
on
on
flash
flash faster
off

Not too much of a big deal, but its different.
HERE IS THE BOARD
But, there are some better boards on there

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 09:57:39 PM »
use a multimeter to find out the amps of the points below the speaker,then use it to find the amps of the current supply to the board,and THEN you can calculate the resistance of each circuit,the difference in resistance will be the resistor size you'll need
yea ryan0 still need to get one of those or i have several techs that work in my area and maybe they can let me use or they can test see wat i get.

Im planning on butting in the UMD door area idk if any of you seen my latest mod with the speaker i have no umd cage or game reader its all been taken out for speakers so i still got room around there for this. Think of having them flash just inside there still can see them through the cage part or just have look like the ring mod of flashing lights...

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal