Author Topic: Winterz PM  (Read 1099 times)

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Winterz PM
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:52:54 AM »
yeah no problem man :winker: the hardest part is prepping the parts to be put in. first you want to prepare the dpad. open up the ps2 (or 3, but thats kindof a waste because the dpads are almost identical) controller then cut around the dpad so that its most of the top left part of the controller. then use a dremel or anything like that to get the general shape. then you want to open up your 360 controller and take the stock dpad off. theres 2 screws and then theres little clippy things on either side, just kinda get a razorblade under one and pull on the top of the dpad. now you want to start measuring out how much you need to cut down the ps2 dpad plate (where the buttons go) once you get the idea i recommend using sandpaper instead of the dremel for this part because its gota be really precise. but to get the dpad to fit you need to cut down the inside part of where the original dpad was. just sand it down with a dremel untill the buttons can move around quite a bit. to help with this i actually sanded down the buttons a little, it didnt take anything out of the function, everything just fit better. also i cut down a bit on the height of the dpad wall. this is really important as you dont want your dpad really high off of the controller because it will feel really funny. so now you have everything cut and sanded perfect and everything is lined up straight. heat up your glue gun and put glue on the area around the dpad hole, then put the dpad plate on and move it around till its where you want it. let the glue dry and then put a little more around the outside then cut the excess off with a razorblade of just sand it off. now you need to make a way for the dpad to press the sensors on the board. what i did was i cut some drinking straw sections measured to where the rubber thing is to the buttons on the dpad, and then i set them vertically on the table and filled them up with hot glue, leaving a little bit of empty space on the top. let it set then remelt the part with the empty space and stick it to your buttons. measure it, angle it till its perfect and do that for all 4 sides. then what i did to help with the feel is i cut up an old xbl card into a circle and placed it on top of the rubber pads. it helps alot. then if its a clear ps2 controller you can put leds in it! like me :victory: good luck and let me know how it turns out man :tup:

Here it is.  I think this is a great idea.  I will probably try this sometime soon.

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
Re: Winterz PM
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »
WALL OF TEXT RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!  :huh:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:58:32 PM by redryno1221 »

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Winterz PM
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »
lolz its kind of an easy process but i needed to explain it well otherwise it wont feel right

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal