Author Topic: Nintendo couldnt think of anything else  (Read 3197 times)

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Nintendo couldnt think of anything else
« on: September 20, 2008, 04:34:13 AM »
Well most of you know that nintendo tried alot of things to prevent their wii being modded with a modchip

they tried different chips, or thesame chip with another code on it etc. etc. etc..
But they've thought of something else now, Epoxy!
they covered the necessary chips with epoxy, which is the simplest solution you could think of
here are some pics

Nintendo did thesame as that Microsoft did to their 360, Microsoft also used epoxy on their Chips.

here are some pics of a modchip installed on it

now most people think that it can just be removed, it can but it is a pretty dangerous thing to do, because you need to heat it up etc..

look here for a video tut on how to do it
http://www.360mods.net/News/article/sid=75.html

Thanx go to Alien_X for sending me this on msn :P :D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 04:36:14 AM by DubbleDutch »

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Nintendo couldnt think of anything else
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 05:29:42 AM »
Took them a while lolz.

It seems pretty dangerous to take off cause you can break a component with the knife?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:49:36 AM »
I hate it when the company does things like this.  I hate it when a company thinks that just because it's their product you have to use it the way they intended.  I mean if I bought something I want to use it the way I want to use it, not the way THEY want me to use it.  If I want to modchip my wii then let me, I paid $300 for my wii let me use it the way I want to too.  Companies shouldn't be concerned (beside the warranty) what happens after you bought their product. 

I mean if I go out and buy a book, it doesn't mean I HAVE to read it, I could use it as a doorstop if I so wanted to.  This stuff really irritates me when companies do things like this.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 10:26:36 AM »
Well you don;t have any right as a consumer to mess around with nintendo's hardware.
last time I checked when you bought something it's YOURS not the company that made it.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:43:03 AM »
indeed alien, you just beat me to it.

also dslite, you have no right to say that you should 'use' it the way you want to, when the way you do is illegal.

all games for consoles are only licensed to be played on a Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft certified device, obviously depending on what one you're talking about. As the terms and conditions state, you are only allowed to use games on systems of an AUTHORISED specification. if you change it in any way, it is not an authorised spec anymore and is not an authorised machine, making it illegal and against the T&Cs of the games, which you must abide by when you buy a game. Technically, even a case mod makes it illegal to play games on a PSP for example, as it is not a Sony certified design case.

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 12:33:39 PM »
Altering a case is not illegal. Not even technically. Your statement is not true.

you are only allowed to use games on systems of an AUTHORISED specification.

It is against the T&C to alter the system in any way that BYPASSES the protection system for copyrighted material. Case mods do not alter the system in any way that can bypass the copyright protection. It does void your warrantee. 

Altering the system to play backups (even ones you legally own) is illegal. The only way to play backups is alter the system in such a way to bypass the copyright protections.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:40 AM »
you are very mistaken. do you not know of the case where MS banned consoles from XBL, simply because of the reason i stated above, and the only mod that had taken place on said xboxes was the fan mod to increase the RPM of the fans. Microsoft stated that these systems were of not an authorised spec and therefore were technically not allowed to play games. Seeing as they could actually stop them from playing games, they just banned them from XBL.

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 07:23:47 AM »
MS denied service. That is different than 'being illegal'.

If you purchased a game, there is no T&C about what system you play it on, as long as it does not have the capability to bypass copyright protection. This was worded specifically to discredit the 'make your own backups of what you own' excuse.

It is not illegeal to change the system internally for asthetics or function that does not bypass copyright protection and then purchase a game and play it on such said system. It is also not illegal to purchase a game and play it on another system that has been altered to play it. Currently this can only be done via emulation, and the games that can be played are considered unsupported/legacy.

MS decided that altered hardware was against the T&C for thier online service, and have the right NOT to provide service. It is still NOT illegal.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 02:13:07 PM »
you have a cold solder joint, first pic, upper right hand joint, right by the ribbon connector.
It's been a long time

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 03:55:39 PM »
Most of them are, or are not properly bonded with the Leg pads/pins.
But it was his first time so he did a good job.

yeh :P and it works, so i don't care to redo it :P

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal