Author Topic: PSP won't switch on  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Norburt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP won't switch on
« on: October 05, 2008, 10:23:52 AM »
Hi,

My PSP won't switch on only displays the orange charge light when the charger is plugged in.I've tried a friends battery and that made no difference.If i use a Pandora battery the PSP will switch on and let me reflash with cfw.If i try and switch PSP of at menu nothing happens PSP stays on.

I've tried another switch board and still have the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Offline ndru98

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP won't switch on
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »
Did you lose the little black nub on the powerboard?

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »
Hi,

My PSP won't switch on only displays the orange charge light when the charger is plugged in.I've tried a friends battery and that made no difference.If i use a Pandora battery the PSP will switch on and let me reflash with cfw.If i try and switch PSP of at menu nothing happens PSP stays on.

I've tried another switch board and still have the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to acidmods Norburt! ok, have you dropped the psp or ever opened the case before?

Offline Norburt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:04:39 PM »
Thx Aphex seems nice a really great forum. I've never dropped the PSP or opened it before the fault. The first time i opened was to swap the power board.

The nub is still on it if you mean the small black bit on the switch thanks ndru98

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Thx Aphex seems nice a really great forum. I've never dropped the PSP or opened it before the fault. The first time i opened was to swap the power board.

The nub is still on it if you mean the small black bit on the switch thanks ndru98

it sounds like there is a problem with the powerboard. check to see if the cable ribbon is connected properly, also check the swich for any sign of damage. it maybe a case of having to replace the board again.

Offline Norburt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 06:05:30 PM »
Wii check the ribbon cable when i get home and i'll bridging the power switch and see if that helps.

Cheers

Offline Norburt

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »
Just a quick update checked ribbon cable connectors and never got any joy as tried bridging the switch again didn't help. I think i'll just sell it on ebay as spares or repair and buy another console possibly one that doesn't read umds.

Thanks for the help guys

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal