Author Topic: hdmi and digital output to stereo question  (Read 1027 times)

Offline rulemob

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
hdmi and digital output to stereo question
« on: September 12, 2008, 09:15:30 AM »
Ok Iv read about where if you want digital audio on your stereo when your using a HDMI cable to your tv that all you have to do is take the plastic cover off and plug in digital cable from the av jack to stereo. Ok I tried that with an after market cable a mod catz cable that you didn't have to break apart it fit anyway i plugged that in along with the hdmi the only thing to tv was hdmi ok and digital to stereo, it took the 360 about 30-40 secs to turn on with no audio to stereo or tv then in the display setting i had all the differet option like 1280 x ### and so forth. long story short it didnt work with after market cable does it have to be M$ cable. Also my tv has a rca jack digital output that i could hook to tv but will that be as good as digital fiber cable? anyone with words please?

Offline spinparty

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: hdmi and digital output to stereo question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 01:52:11 AM »
what your saying makes no sense what so ever, but ill give it a shot. If you have the HDMI audio output adapter that plugs into the xbox, it has a optic slot for connection to a reciever. Or if you dont have that most HDTV's now have a optic output on them, so connect from your tv to your reciever. There shouldnt be any reason for "breaking stuff" apart. That makes no sense what so ever. And in response to your question about third party optic cables, microsoft doesnt even make one. I have tons and they all work fine. If you had to "break somthing" then most likley thats your problem as you have destroyed your cable. If you mean the rubber caps on the end that you remove, those are only for storage as the optic ends are thin and can be broken easily. Hope that helps.

Offline p3t3r_m

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 01:34:47 PM »
i rely cant see y it wouldnt work with the cables that rnt the microsoft ones but does the digital out work with the cables and not the hdmi plugged into the tv? it might jus be a faulty cable if it doesnt
BLARG!!

Offline rulemob

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »
WHATS so hard to understand i want my stereo which has optical input to work off my xbox with the hdmi cable being used by not buying the $50 adapter.
Never mind answering I got it to work still use the hdmi but i broke the case off the av cable plugg so that they both (the hdmi and the av plug) will fit in at same time. the i use hdmi to tv and optical to stereo but thanks for trying to understand.

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »
I understood what you wanted and was going to reply until I read you got it working. I was going to say that I've read before about others having problems doing the same thing as you did with some of the aftermarket cables. Which one did you have?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal