Author Topic: UMD DRiVE HELP!  (Read 2414 times)

Offline plantboy8o8

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
UMD DRiVE HELP!
« on: September 15, 2008, 11:35:01 PM »
ok my umd drive isnt working. Whenever i put a disc in, it says the disc cannot be read. im wondering if the umd drive is broken or there is an internal error? i also cant play homebrew games and applications because you need a umd in the drive right? or whenever i try to run an iso it just freezes.

Offline Roxas

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: UMD DRiVE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 04:54:17 AM »
I have the exact same problem it trys to read and after a while it says the disc cannot be read. But i can still play homebrew and isos, if your on m33 just use the no umd m33 driver and it should be fine. I found out that the red laser light would not go on but the disc did spin and thats why it wont read it
If anyone could help us it would be    appreciated.

Offline yngmike

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 08:53:07 AM »
The first question is, have you disassembled your PSP? 

If that is the case... The UMD drive has two leads... The bottom one under the home bar is the power/control for the motor.. The second one that is wider that comes from the right is the ATA connection that controls read/write from the laser...

I would check that connection.. There are two pressure clips that are pulled slightly to release and then pushed in to re-secure.. this one can be tricky to put back in correctly... try to get some friction on it by pressing slightly and sliding it in... Don't use tools etc to hold the ribbon it can rip or break the conductors then your screwed......

Otherwise verify that the UMD disk detection switch and the UMD door switch are getting closed correctly....

Hope this helps...
w3rd

Offline plantboy8o8

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:25:03 PM »
I have the exact same problem it trys to read and after a while it says the disc cannot be read. But i can still play homebrew and isos, if your on m33 just use the no umd m33 driver and it should be fine. I found out that the red laser light would not go on but the disc did spin and thats why it wont read it
If anyone could help us it would be    appreciated.

yea thats what im trying to do. i switch over to the m33 driver, but when i start the iso, it still freezes

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 06:11:19 AM »
yea thats what im trying to do. i switch over to the m33 driver, but when i start the iso, it still freezes

Did the homebrew program work before the umd problem? it might be that the homebrew will only work on a 1.5 kernal which the slim won't support unless you use DAX's timemachine.

Offline Roxas

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 10:28:32 AM »
Well my UMD button didnt work anymore so i use this tutorial on how to fix it https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=18910.0 after that the disc did spin so it was like fixed but then i realised that it wont read it. I looked into the drive and pressed the button that activates the spinning and the disc did spin but the red laser light did not go on so thats the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal