Author Topic: PSP Backlight broken???  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Takeshi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Backlight broken???
« on: September 17, 2008, 09:40:21 AM »
So there I was trying to change both faceplates on my PSP, and when I was about to be finished I pulled the black cover of the backlight cable too much and it broke. So my question is will it affect the psp? If so is there any way to fix it or will I have to buy another motherboard or psp? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about >>>

If you pay close attention to the left side of the picture, that's where the backlight connection is. In there you can see some pins and below them there's a small black line that's the part I'm talking about.

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
Re: PSP Backlight broken???
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »
did u break the black bit if so u could wedge a pice of paper in with the cable so it stays in

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline Takeshi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 10:19:44 AM »
did u break the black bit if so u could wedge a pice of paper in with the cable so it stays in

Well I broke the black thingy that goes up and down. The one that if it's down you can't pull out the cable.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 03:38:53 PM »
wow I broke mine the exact same. Here's what I did:

If its just the hinge part if the black part like mine then its easier.

Remove the black thing and the backlight cable from the white thing. Take a small screwdriver and lightly push down on the little pins. This will make the cable fit tighter. Then stick the cable in. The pins should still be on top of the cable. If the black thing is still in tact like mine is, just place it on top in the correct place and then push it down and it should click into place. For me this was enough to hold it in place.

If you dont have the black piece, or if its like broken in half, then do the steps above but instead of putting the black piece on, put a piece of electrical or other strong tape over it. This will hold it in place.

Oh and by the way, if you accidentally break any of the small pins off, in not responsible. They probably won't but I dont wanna take any chances. Also if you break the center two off, it dosent matter cuz they dont do anything.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline Takeshi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 11:02:07 PM »
The black part in my psp broke in half so I think I'll have to use tape, I'll give it a try tomorrow. I'll let you guys know what happens.  :tup:

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:14:34 AM »
if the white part is still how it is used to be then there is no problem ;)

just slide it in, put some tape over it, and you are done.

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal