Author Topic: help with ndsl repair  (Read 1870 times)

Offline ndrew2505

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
help with ndsl repair
« on: September 20, 2008, 11:57:54 PM »
so i havent worked on many nintendo consoles and im trying to fix the bottom screen for a friend. i got the screen in and put it back together but when i plug the charger in a red led flashes and goes off. when i try to power it on it doesnt do anything either. any1 know what i might have done wrong?

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: help with ndsl repair
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »
I think that you don't have the screen ribbon cable all the way in.  make sure that the top screen's cable is all the way in too.

Offline ndrew2505

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »
ive double checked all 3 of the screen cables and all of them are pushed all the way in but its still doin the same thing,,,, :cry2:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »
is the wifi chip all the way in?

Offline ndrew2505

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »
everything is plugged in. im not sure what happened to this thing. i just took it apart and put a new screen in b/c the other one was shattered. i know it had power when i got it b/c i turned it on to see the screen. eveything should be ready to put together but it wont turn on.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »
Well that's everything I know.  Unless of course you destroyed it with static electricity or just blew a fuse.

Offline ndrew2505

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 11:09:23 PM »
i was thinkin i may have blew a fuse but i have no idea where they are on the ds lite. there wasnt any power hooked up at all when i took it apart to change the screen so i dont know how i could have blown 1. you know if where any fuses may e on the ds lite?

i found an f1 and f2 but bridging them did nothing. i found another post where a guy had the same problem but he was selling it but there was no kind of solution available. https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=21292.0

i got it to turn on with out the backplate on but for some reason whenever i put the backplate on it goes back to doing the same thing. weird. been trying to figure it out for almost an hour and im tired so i guess ill try to figure it out later today cuz im going to sleep. :dntknw:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 02:11:01 AM by ndrew2505 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal