Author Topic: MY FIRST PIC MOD!!!! VIDEO UP!!!  (Read 4108 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
MY FIRST PIC MOD!!!! VIDEO UP!!!
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:13:47 AM »
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=35iajog&s=4 forgive the lopsided hole I rushed it togeather in 10 min lol

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Ok I know to a lot of you this will seem dumb but im soooo excited about it so don't kill my happiness :angry: ! Anyway it is very simple and I got the code and idea from here http://www.josepino.com/pic_projects/index.php?led_chaser.jpc This PIC came with my programmer and I figured I'd put it to use when I found this cool code. I just installed a jewel in my pc and flashed PIC and wired to unused jumper cable in PC witch had 5v on it so i just removed all components but the IC and replaced the 1k ohm resistor with a 100 ohm and wired leds according to diagram and wraped them on the inside of PC behind jewel so the leds flash in a circle around the jewel and viola! IDK why but those lil leds flashing in a circle just amazes me I finally have a pic programmer!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:49:42 AM by Mactastic Mendez »

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
Re: MY FIRST PIC MOD!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:31:44 AM »
Ok I know to a lot of you this will seem dumb but im soooo excited about it so don't kill my happiness:angry:!

new toys are fun,,lol

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: MY FIRST PIC MOD!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »
Ya I look at it, and I just see so much potential too bad IDK the first thing about programming :confused: but ill get a video of this thing in action in a few days im leaving to orlando for the weekend to help my grandparents in a few hours

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: MY FIRST PIC MOD!!!! VIDEO UP!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:34:33 PM »
hey video up. I was wondering If anyone could alter the code to make it slower and fade to eash one?

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »
dont know how to change a code but that looks cool i like the jewel

Offline MykR0

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • mini me says?
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »
not bad man keep up the good work
-Projects done-
     psp slim
-Current Project-
        Wii
Neelix:  “Coffee, anyone?  Captain?”  Captain Janeway:  "No thanks.  I've had enough.  One more cup and I'll jump to warp." 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 ^translate me :)

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 05:15:24 AM »
hey video up. I was wondering If anyone could alter the code to make it slower and fade to eash one?

Sure. But to fade it you will need a digital pot. You might be able to blink it in a manner that appears to fade,

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:32:53 AM »
You might be able to blink it in a manner that appears to fade,

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 08:36:05 AM »
Hey all right! That is a very nice project, wish'd the source code was posted but overall it is a simple code to make.  The technique of being able to operate 2 LEDs from 2 pins is called "Charlie Plexing", there is a ton of stuff online for that.

Essentially you are making all your outputs digital and on the pair of pins you are using for your leds, making the first side 0 and the other side 1 you light up one of the leds.  By reversing you pins logic by making the first side 1 and other side 0 it will light up the other led.  I works well with very few components cuz the pic can only source 25mA per pin so there is no need to limit your leds(hazer: I know we have argued this before but the proof is in the pudding).

The code is a simple loop that will toggle the correct pins with delays in the middle, easy peasy, it would be a great place start with programming micros. 

EDIT:just saw this in my travels, check out tip#2. it uses a similar configuration to the one above, but is different and will make for different effects.
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/chapter%201.pdf

Also to make it slower is going to be very difficult with just a .hex code that is provided, however making the LEDs fade may be possible with an RC Snubber circuit, but will require at least a capacitor for every pin.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:49:04 PM by 802Chives »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal