Author Topic: psp analog  (Read 2213 times)

Offline dakid

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp analog
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:10:24 AM »
ok i replaced my pspscreen right well i thought everything was kool until i tries 2 play ncaa 09 and when i  got n 2 a gfame i kept going off side so i came 2 find out that my analog stick had sumthin 2 do with it and i tried tightening it but didnt work so i tried 2 open it and put it back 2getherstill didnt work i got on here and that 1 dude he a administrator or sumthin and he said on another post dat i need 2 check the clear contact pad but i dont know wat that is so can sumbody please please help me
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:15:16 AM by dakid »

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
Re: psp analog
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »
its a little clear rubber piece that has four wires inside it that transfers signals from the analog stick to the mobo. its "hooked" to the lcd cage(the big metal piece that you snap your screen into)
http://playurconsoles.com/shoppingcart/images/psp_analog_rubber_contact.jpg

Offline dakid

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »
oh ok i c now thanks but i have that and it still wont work

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 10:25:50 AM »
clean it and dry it off and put it back in and test it out. if you can't get that to work, solder wires from the mobo contacts directly to the analog stick contacts

Offline dakid

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 10:38:45 AM »
i dont think i have any solder but i can ask mydaddy wen he gethome can u check this 2morrowand ill tell u if i find sum

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »
MAke sure you have it the right way before you go and solder anything. If you look carefully at that clear contact pad, you'll see gold colored lines in it. Make sure those lines go up and down when you put it on. That connects the motherboard to the analog stick. You probably have it in wrong, or it would be working.

Hope that helps.

Offline DUKE

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »
i always take that rubber piece and pull it out, then stick it back in but only enough for it to stay in on its own. then i pop the faceplate back on and it smashes the rubber piece down and makes a perfect like new connection.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 01:45:56 AM »
it maybe damaged. i've quite alot of bad luck with these little  :censored:. i tried cleaning one and placed it back in an old psp, but it didn't solve the problem. in the end it had to be replaced, there hard to find, in fact the olny place i found a new one was at undercutter.co.uk, but they charge a fortune for them. however, once i fitted it, the psp analog worked fine. if after cleaning it, you find it still doesn't work, i'd recommend getting a new one.

if your able too, i was told you can get these cables from a old lcd tv. if you have a cheap old one lying about, crack that open and take a few from that. you may need to cut them to sizw but it does work.

Offline JUGGALOO

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 03:16:07 PM »
I had the same problem.Replaced the joy stick (e.bay)and the little rubber piece.I found it at (Llamma .com)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal