Author Topic: Foo foo's Doc Oct MOD  (Read 2065 times)

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
Foo foo's Doc Oct MOD
« on: October 01, 2008, 05:31:02 PM »

For a more detailed look at how I did this check out the now declassified original thread on this here

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=276.0

This mod has taken me 2 months to finish. It's been a love hate relasionship with the psp during that time. Theres been so many times I've wanted to throw it out my window and watch it sail 15 floors down. But with the suport of the R&D crew I finaly managed to get this thing finished.

Here's a few photos to give you an idea of how I put this mod together.

This was my initial concept drawing. I didnt really deviate from my original plan.

This was the first time I tapped the dpad and the left sholder. I've since repeated this about 20 times untill my original mobo finaly gave up. Thanks to Cyberpyrot I was back in the sadle after a couple of weeks with a new mobo. This was the hardest part of the psp side of things and took the longest to get right.

The next thing I did was to see if my suction cup idea would work and to attatch it to the ps2 con.

Then came the rewire and 15pin socket(vga type) install on the ps2 con. This was dificut not ony because of the amount of soldering but also because the two sticks where going to be working in two diferent ways. So the right hand stick had to have all of the tracks cut from around its solder points and to the rest of the pcb. That took me a while to figure out.

Then I started testing

Once I was happy that all the buttons where working, I moved on to installing mini usb sockets in a new clear case (thanks to coolmods.co.uk). These where replaced a couple of times but the pic you see here is the final version.

Then I made an nice little cable to attache to the socket. I should probably point out the reson I used a socket rather than a direct conection was to leave it open for me to attatch other modded controllers (SNES is coming).

Then after a few weeks of bug fixing (losing the leds in the process because I needed that line for something else), I finaly got it finished.

Thanks to . . .
cyberpyrot for the mobo and the a2d stick mod.
Joesnose for the usb mod
Ben Heck for starting all this.

For the video click here <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2sgh2mzfck" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/E2sgh2mzfck</a>

LOOK PAAH I FIXED TEH POST

Offline ndru98

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Foo foo's Doc Oct MOD
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:56:24 PM »
Niceeee... so this is what he's been up to?  :hifive:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight