Author Topic: help with my rapidfire controller.  (Read 4670 times)

Offline trevor267

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
help with my rapidfire controller.
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
Hi, i recently bought a rapidfire kit and installed it but it wont work. if i ahve everything hooked up properly then the right trigger nor the rapidfire button works. theres 2 ways i can get the trigger to work.

1.) disconnect the ground from the little pin underneath the little trigger pin.
2.)disconnect the the wire going to the trigger pin.

the kit i bought can be found here:
Code: [Select]
https://acidmods.com/ShopUSA/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=76
please help me i know im a noob here but i still need help. i really need to get this finished :/

also ive got the new type of controller.

and also i DIDNT break off two of the ends on the button because i didnt want to solder to the wrong ones, will that make a difference?

and my rumblers arn't working, arnt they supposed to be working?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:57:41 PM by trevor267 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: help with my rapidfire controller.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:04:32 AM »
if you disconect the ground from the chip your trigger should work even with the middle trigger pin wire still conected. it sounds like you have something grounded. check all wiring, a picture of your wireing may help. make sure you dont have a wire pinched. look at the first wireing diagram of mikes tut. make sure you have the wires conected to the chip correctly. if you read it it states we are only human and make mistakes sometimes. so dont just asume the colored wires are the correct ones.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 06:22:54 AM »
sounds like you have your button wired wrong.  Both pins you solder to on the buttons will be on the same side of the button.  Double check your wiring and take a photo and post if you don't find the issue

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 07:07:34 AM »
the way to test the chip is hook up power and ground .. now the power goes on matrix and CG to the same place ..
as you can't do power saver on Matrix. so for your + you the CG point on the 3 wire installation pin 1 is +
now hook up pin 8 ground and if you run a wire from pin 5 to the middle just tuch it do'not conected it should rapid fire none stop if you get this far than the chip is good .. if still nothing than need a new chip .. or you have 
the dual rapid fire with is a diff installation  so try to install it as a dual rapid fire and see if you get the same result

Offline trevor267

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
the tutorial i used can be found here, is this compatible with the kit i bought?

http://www.consolecustoms.net/tutorials/360_single_button_rapid_tutorial_8pin.pdf

also i tried connecting the wire to the LED ground and the pin 8. it shoots.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:24:11 PM by trevor267 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 03:20:40 PM »
the tutorial i used can be found here, is this compatible with the kit i bought?

http://www.consolecustoms.net/tutorials/360_single_button_rapid_tutorial_8pin.pdf

also i tried connecting the wire to the LED ground and the pin 8. it shoots.

I should let mike confirm, but what would make you think you could use someone else's tut? I am sorry dude thats just silly. :#1: here is the tut you need.https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=21452.0

from looking at mikes tut and looking at the tut you posted the output pins look diff. mikes pic shows pin 5 in yellow to the switch and then to the middle pin. the one you used shows pin 2 to the switch then to the mid pin.

these are programed chips thier chip is probably different

Offline trevor267

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »
thank you for this, i couldnt find a tut here but tbh i didnt look at first. ill look this over.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
your welcome, its at the home page under the section called "Tutorials" imagine that :tup:

Offline trevor267

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 03:50:22 PM »
ok i got it working, but will someone explain to me how this works, at first when i pushed the button it was rapidfire, then after that when i pulled the trigger it was rapidfire, the way i wanted it was when you pulled the trigger it shot normal, and when you pushed the button it shot rapidfire. how do i make this so?

EDIT: nevermind nevermind, jsut something is messy with the saw gun, everything  else is perfect. thanks a lot for all of your help!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:55:09 PM by trevor267 »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 03:58:35 PM »
glad to hear you got it going. next time ask before you do something silly. its a good thing you dint  :censored: up the chip.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 04:03:11 PM »
And also for future reference, if you bought a chip from here, use the TUT from HERE.
You can't use other tuts for mikes chips. Only his tuts.

Offline trevor267

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 04:15:09 PM »
yeah it was pretty stupid, i couldnt even remember where i got the tut form, thought it was form here but hell the tut i was using sucked it was a lot more work and more complicated. the one here is easy as pie lol.

Offline trevor267

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 05:38:18 PM »
UMM isnt this kit supposed to my my automatics faster?

it turns my semi-auto into auto and my auto slower than normal.... why?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 05:43:46 AM »
now, there is no mod that will let you do what you are wanting to do.

this mod as with most turn the simi auto wepons into fully auto wepons. (g3, pistol, 50 cal, etc)
this is becouse the mod is sending pulses to the trigger (30 per second, for mikes chip) it is like you pulling and releasing the trigger at an ungodly speed

the programing in the game (unchangeable) programs the fully auto to fire at like 60 per second, with a registered trigger HOLD, not pulses. so if it pulese, it will slow down.

make since?

test:
pul out you g3, now pull the trigger as fast as you can. it keeps firing one shot every time you pull it. (this is simi auto)

now take out a saw, pull the trigger the SAME way you did the g3. then hold the trigger. see the difference?

now this slower firing of fully auto wepons, allows for better acuracy. becouse the recoil of the wepon is not continuously pulling the barrel upwards. it is giving pauses to return the barrel to its starting point.

nobody ever said that it would speed the fully auto.

Offline trevor267

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 01:55:26 PM »
yeah i guess i get it but i thought my friends sped up automatics, i could be wrong, i guess its kind of useless to speed up automatics anyway considering they shoot fast lol. thanks

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 07:16:15 AM »
hey cool they made a new thread!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal