Author Topic: soldering station is it good?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
soldering station is it good?
« on: October 10, 2008, 12:06:41 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290265335988

in great thanks to the great Kenshinffx he gave me the extra 5 usd I needed to buy that station Alienx it sucks but I would like more opinions if anyone has owned one plz post your experience with it.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: soldering station is it good?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:14:27 PM »
i have the same one i love the thing solders like a dream its good for begginers and pros everway its a good item
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »
its a good item no matter what anyone says if your convtable with what you want to buy get it thats my opinion.

yes its maplins and i change the tip on mine as it would not heat up good cos the tip was abit on the big side.

thats the only problem i had was the tip and nothing else for about 3-4years now so you really mush be talking about another model

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »
we are not all made off money so anyone looking for a cheap way to solder get this there is nothing wrong with this folklord and other members 3-4year hard work soldering tv sets and modding stuff says it for its self

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
I picked one of these up at microcenter for $19 and I love it I used it to solder everything...I never got anything soldered with my other crappy one just wasted ton of solder  :cry2:
but yea if you dont want this I could proly pick 1 up from microcenter and ship it to ya :tup:

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 07:13:47 AM »
Ok I am slightly reassured now thanks guys. I have already purchased the item I cold not resist it at its price and its in FL about 3hrs away from me so hopefully I willl get it by beginning of next week I literally only had 30usd to spend and ken loaned me 5 I wanted to spend as much as I could spare on a decent station I simply don't have the money to spend 400 on a soldering iron even if I did I wouldn't spend it on a soldering iron Id buy something else more worth my money as I never had problems really with my crap iron I got in an electronics repair kit from my grandparents but it is now completely dead so I wanted to upgrade a little bit without spending an entire car payment. AlienX I think is just a little hard to please and all of his equipment is top of the line so im sure it is crap next to him and his Weller station but as Im just upgrading from a chepo to this I think it will serve my purposes well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal