Author Topic: problem dual booting vista and mac leopard  (Read 13708 times)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: problem dual booting vista and mac leopard
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 11:23:02 AM »
I used the Kalyway 10.5.2 dvd with no problems whatsoever, then used the Kalyway 10.5.3 cumulative update, then the official 10.5.4 delta update to get to 10.5.4.
=D

I suppose I'll type up a whole guide for you guys.
One for Dual booting Vista/Ubuntu, one for Dual Booting Vista/OSx86, and one for Triple booting OSx86,Vista,and Ubuntu...

Good thing I have a spare HDD so I can get pictures for it.
I'll do this later tonight.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 11:34:48 AM »
there should be a pc tutorial section around here for the tuts you write up, your awesome, im sure everyone else would appreciate it as much as me and dslitemodder. If it's too long, then all i need is a brief guide on what to do after i install leopard and how to boot into it, theres loads of other guides that say i have to boot into command prompt, boot into the vista cd and boot back into the leopard and do some commands so im pretty baffled.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 11:50:34 AM by Nemesis »

Offline RikusHaven

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Draciel
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 12:02:37 PM »
Personally Kalyway 10.5.2 booted up but most apps on it would freeze and my drives weren't detected correctly, but I might try out your guide to see if I did anything wrong. JaS 10.5.4 was an easy install and picked up everything at first boot, but takes around the same time to boot up Vista, while Kalyways was shorter, but didn't work for me, so eh. Anyways, good luck dual booting! or multi booting!
-Motherboard: EVGA 750i SLI FTW ATX
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz
-Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
-Memory(RAM): G.SKILL 4GB (2x2GB)
-Power Supply: Corsair TX750W -Tower Case: Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower -Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 12:15:51 PM »
there should be a pc tutorial section around here for the tuts you write up, your awesome, im sure everyone else would appreciate it as much as me and dslitemodder. If it's too long, then all i need is a brief guide on what to do after i install leopard and how to boot into it, theres loads of other guides that say i have to boot into command prompt, boot into the vista cd and boot back into the leopard and do some commands so im pretty baffled.
If I can find this one guide over at the IM forums then I'll post how to fix problems, etc.
Personally Kalyway 10.5.2 booted up but most apps on it would freeze and my drives weren't detected correctly, but I might try out your guide to see if I did anything wrong. JaS 10.5.4 was an easy install and picked up everything at first boot, but takes around the same time to boot up Vista, while Kalyways was shorter, but didn't work for me, so eh. Anyways, good luck dual booting! or multi booting!
All personal preference I suppose. I haven't run into a single problem with my install so far, except the fact there are no working drivers for my built in wifi Intel Pro 4965bgn(I think?) card.

Edit:
I'm honestly going to shoot someone if something doesn't go right.
So yeah, my disk drive isn't reading any disks anymore. I don't know what the hell is going on. My drive laser seems shot. I HATE this laptop recently.
Another service call from Dell. Once I have a working drive, I'll do a proper write up with pics...

Edit2:
Nevermind! It was a registry key problem. All figured out. If I get a chance tomorrow (too late tonight) before or after youth group, I'll start up on those guides.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:58:10 PM by PspKicks316 »

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »
ok well i finally patched some stuff in the kernel of leopard and now i can boot into it, BUT! when i select to boot into leopard, it goes to the apple screen and stays at that screen with the pinwheel spinning constantly. I then booted by pressing f8 then -v, and the commands on the screen end at "crash using vid: 0gid, evid: 0 egid 0".

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 12:53:17 PM »
Erm.
No clue on that, sorry.
Homeworking right now. Then dinner and stuff. I'll be making A tut tonight. Probably the triple booting one, cuz then I can just make the other tuts from that.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »
researched and found it might have something to do with a "kext" or something like that and i need to change the default one but i have no clue how.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:08:23 PM by Nemesis »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 06:16:28 PM »
That would require booting into the OSx86 install DVD, going into terminal, and typing in a crapload of commands and editing a kext manually.
Good luck lol.
I just got home from youth group.
I WILL MAKE TUTS, I just haven't had any time recently.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2008, 12:46:51 PM »
That would require booting into the OSx86 install DVD, going into terminal, and typing in a crapload of commands and editing a kext manually.
Good luck lol.

thanks for that >.>
by any chance anyone got a link or a copy of the commands? Really annoying when im so close but not there yet.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »
I can't find anything on it on google o_O

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 01:49:36 PM »
i found some guides but the kernel extensions are when im already booted into leopard. Damn i'll go ask around on the 0sx86 forums.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal