Author Topic: Home button issue....Need help  (Read 1330 times)

Offline KrInEn

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Home button issue....Need help
« on: October 09, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »
Ok I posed about this a while ago and have limited it down to the home button. When I go into a emulator or into the music section my screen bounces back and forth between "Do you want to exit" or in the music it bounces between the currently playing song and the list of songs.
I have replaced the home bar that worked for all of two days. I cant figure it out. It does not do it with the faceplate on of course  but nothing else is hitting. No other button like and of the volume keys argh!! :beg:

Update, Still does it with out the home bar, LCD, or LCD cage in place  :faint: Now I'm really confused. Bah off to watch Enter the Dragon. Maybe Bruce will have some answers for me LOL. or maybe by the time I get back there will be an answer :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:15:13 AM by KrInEn »

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Home button issue....Need help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:12:50 AM »
    It sounds to me like two possible things can be the problem. One , is this an aftermarket faceplate? and two, what kind of home bar set of buttons do have on your psp. Alot of the times, aftermarket faceplates tend to have a thick coat of paint around the button holes causing the buttons to really stick. A similar scenario applies to aftermarket button sets. In this case, gently scrape off a bit of the paint from the faceplate, enlarging the hole diameters. Good Luck....

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 02:03:50 PM »
it may be because of the screw behind it try fiddling with that

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 09:40:15 PM »
see if one of the home bar buttons is stuck.

Offline KrInEn

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »
I have taken the thing down to the mobo and it still does it. I am thinking that there is a short somewhere. im just going to wrap the damn board in insulating tape LOL that will fix it/burn it out :P

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 06:48:58 AM »
lol. try taking out the whole mobo out of the case and then powering it up. if there was a short it would be gone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal