Author Topic: Need new solder spot for sync button  (Read 1179 times)

Offline RapidFeur

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Need new solder spot for sync button
« on: October 11, 2008, 10:24:31 PM »
Alright, so I purchased a rapid-fire chip about a week ago, and just got a torx driver about 2 days. ago.
My problem is that when soldering, I had everything correct except for the sync button which just didn't want to stay together. Now it doesn't even want to stick (wore out the connections or some :censored: like that, the solder doesn't want to stick). So now I cannot even solder to the sync button (I've tried both spots on the front of the board). Is there anywhere I can solder where this will work? I have an old matrix board if that helps. I tried one of the pins on the transistor on the back, but I accidentally wore that out (aka solder doesn't wanna stick anymore). I simply need a new place to solder to.

THANK YOU!@

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: Need new solder spot for sync button
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 07:02:59 AM »
Alright, so I purchased a rapid-fire chip about a week ago, and just got a torx driver about 2 days. ago.
My problem is that when soldering, I had everything correct except for the sync button which just didn't want to stay together. Now it doesn't even want to stick (wore out the connections or some :censored: like that, the solder doesn't want to stick). So now I cannot even solder to the sync button (I've tried both spots on the front of the board). Is there anywhere I can solder where this will work? I have an old matrix board if that helps. I tried one of the pins on the transistor on the back, but I accidentally wore that out (aka solder doesn't wanna stick anymore). I simply need a new place to solder to.

THANK YOU!@

lightly brush the solder spot with abrasive paper and use flux...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal