Author Topic: 3 Mode Install on "Limited Edition Red Controller With RED switches and RED LED  (Read 1867 times)

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
There So Sexy  :tup:

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
that looks really nice. when i get a controller done i would love black elite controller with UV leds, think it would looks cool

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
looks good, but black switches would have looked better.

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Anyone know when they are stopping selling these?  I want to get one before they are gone, but don't have the money at the moment.  Also, what size drill bit is that?  It looks like the switches are very "snug" in place.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 03:28:24 PM by sean7341 »

Offline doc_shock

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Hells yeah *drools* that looks hella sweet and your drill holes look damn near perfect too I have one of those sexy red & black controllers too, I love the way this controller looks and feels but I just can't bring myself to drill any holes in it to install tact switches for the new 3 mode dual rf mod.
I heard some peeps are having trouble with squeaky right thumb sticks on these new red controllers so watch out for defective controllers from GameStop, I was fortunate enough to get a good one of these controllers from buy dot com another reason I'm very reluctant to drill holes in it.
I'd probably kick myself in the head until I was dead if I f'ed up drilling this controller out, I like my drill holes to be damn near perfect too and not misaligned or misshapen in anyway, it's because of this that I just don't like the thought of using a drill motor on any of my special or limited edition controllers I think I'll just wait until you release the new sleeper 3 mode with led rf mod before I even think of modding my new sexy red devil. :dribble:

BTW, The new 3 mode dual rf mod works great I installed it in 1 all black elite matrix controller and 1 halo3 limited edition new cg controller so far, I did something a little bit different to the limited edition halo3 controller I had previously modded it with the old sleeper dual rf mod I had it wired to the sync switch for the right trigger rf only so I uninstalled the old mod and installed the new 3 mode dual rf mod.
I installed one red tact switch in the front bumper piece right between the right and left bumpers and wired the right trigger on/off switch to the new red tact switch I installed and I attached a single wire only to the center pin of the sync switch for the left trigger on/off switch, and I use the new red tact switch to activate the right trigger rf on/off and the 3 mode select using the sync switch to activate the left trigger rf on/off only, it sort of looks like it has an extra sync switch in there on the right side now.
I got the idea from the xcm lighted controller shells to put a tact switch where the on/off light switch is located, it was a bit of a biatch fitting the tact switch in there had to do a little trimming with small pointy pair of wire nippers and filing down of the plastic cross members molded in there before I could even drill a hole in there then I used a electric screwdriver drill bit to drill the hole and tap it out by hand and then I hot glued the tact switch in there it was a tight fit but I got 'er done. :victory:

Offline Chi-kitory

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Nes Warlord
    • Emuwizards
Wow that is uber sexxi! Thanks for sharing!

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
that looks really nice. when i get a controller done i would love black elite controller with UV leds, think it would looks cool

I like mine. Did the same to the rol and Whisper on my Elite. You got to see the UV in person, though. It shows up bright in the picture, but in person it's blacklight.

Offline sean7341

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Mike did a friend of mine's controller w/ 4 UV lights.  They look sick in the dark.  I love it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal