Author Topic: does this give sony the right to brick my psp  (Read 1545 times)

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
does this give sony the right to brick my psp
« on: October 18, 2008, 08:06:09 AM »
From time to time, it may become necessary for SCEA to provide certain content to you to ensure that PSN and content offered through PSN, your PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or other SCEA-authorized hardware is functioning properly in accordance with SCEA guidelines. Some content may be provided automatically without notice when you sign into PSN. Such content may include automatic updates or upgrades which may change your current operating system, cause a loss of data or content or cause a loss of functionalities or utilities. Such upgrades or updates may be provided for system software for your PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, or other SCEA-authorized hardware. Access or use to any system software is subject to terms and conditions of a separate end user license agreement found at http://www.us.playstation.com/termsofuse. You authorize SCEA to provide such content and agree that SCEA shall not be liable for any damages arising from provision of such content or maintenance services. It is recommended that you regularly back up any data located on the hard disk that is of a type that can be backed up.

does this mean they can run a forced update that zaps my cfw or bricks
my psp,and not have to pay for it?sorry if this is a stupid question but i had never read the agreement till today?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: does this give sony the right to brick my psp
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 08:19:48 AM »
They can't force an update...

And, nothing bricks your psp but yourself. Only the person who chose to run it bricked it.

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:28:22 AM »
cool thanks kicks,
i read somewhere awhile back nintendo was bricking chiped wii's(not sure if it was true didnt own one)so i was just wanting to make sure sony wasnt thinking this was a good idea,before i checked out 5.00 m33
and the new psn stuff

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 08:45:11 AM »
cool thanks kicks,
i read somewhere awhile back nintendo was bricking chiped wii's(not sure if it was true didnt own one)so i was just wanting to make sure sony wasnt thinking this was a good idea,before i checked out 5.00 m33
and the new psn stuff

They were with their updates

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 10:04:58 AM »
Nintendo was putting security measures into their firmware that if there was a chip in the system, it would render the system useless.
You can not force an update on any system apart from stuff like Xbox Live where if there is an update for a game, you can't play until you update.

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
psp sometimes does that too. certain games have updates on them and need to be updated before playing.
It's been a long time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal