Author Topic: DaughterBoard Ring Of Light question  (Read 1192 times)

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
DaughterBoard Ring Of Light question
« on: April 29, 2009, 09:54:02 PM »
you know how we have 1 grnd and 2 positives for R and G for each LED.  well i want to swap them with some new ones but what if my 360 gets rrod if i just soldered to one of the 2 positive points?  would i need to solder both positive points for R and G to the positive of the LED?  any harm to it?

thnx alot willy
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: DaughterBoard Ring Of Light question
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 04:38:06 AM »
never acctually tried it. but in therory, it should be fine. the power supplies are never active at the same time.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
same as with matt, never tried.  I also agree that it will be fine as there would be some sort of Orange color if the two were ever driven at the same time which there is not.

good luck and let us know how it goes, you can test the Red Led portion of it by powering up without an AV cable attached.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
It works fine.
I replaced my leds with my own red ones. I soldered the ground normally, and the + to BOTH the Green and Red + points.
My 360 lights up as it should, with the new red leds. If I RRoD, those same red leds blink/light as the RRoD should normally.

If you only want one color, just solder the + of your leds to both the green and red + points. You'll be fine.

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 01:27:11 PM »
good luck and let us know how it goes, you can test the Red Led portion of it by powering up without an AV cable attached.

Not if his console has a HDMI port.

I only have 3 friends with the OLD 360, without it, and all of theirs 4RedLight when there is no AV cable in.

Everyone else I know, (Inc me) who has the HDMI model, well my xbox just doesn't turn on. The Green power light, but the controllers 4 lights blink (to say it can't find an xbox)

Hope that isn't too vague ;)
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal