Author Topic: PSP keep shorting or something HELP!! [FIXED]  (Read 1071 times)

Offline cloud1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP keep shorting or something HELP!! [FIXED]
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:33:05 PM »
First off, english is my second language  so i might speak english perfectly fine, or i suck at it, i dont know:P

I have this really annoying problem with my PSP slim.
You see i rescently opened up my psp to see what the slim looked like on the inside and to remove the umd drive and such,
just to get acclimated with the psp slim's guts. I have done this multiple times with no problem whatsoever.

untill the day before yesterday...

I had plugged a cut usb cable with some loose wires into my psp

something like this:

Harmless i'd say seeing as no wires are touching or being connected.
suddenly my psp shut off! So i tried rebooting it, without any luck
so i opend it up, did a complete teardown and when testing if it would work without faceplace or LCD snapped in place, it did work!
but when i fully re-assembled it, it didnt work again =S

So i tried to see if there was a short somewhere ( i dont know if its called a short but like a short-circuit? maybe thats what its called)
and i found out that the PSP works perfectly without a faceplate, but when i try to re-assemble it, it dies again!
And i also found out that if i pushed on the metal piece under the LCD screen, it would die again ( die = when the PSP is off again.)
This also happend when i pushed on the left speaker i think.

Oww when i try to put the faceplate on again, the psp dies when the 2 top plastic thingies of the psp slide into the psp.

Can anyone help me? I tried a complete teardown and re-assemble but it doesnt work
I dont think it has anything to do with the USB story, but that is when it first died.

i also just got a Photofast adaptor thing and now i cant test it.

please just ask me if something is unclear
Can anyone help me? this really sucks.

EDIT!!!!!: i think i may have fixed it, i removed the metal piece under the motherboard and every just seems to work fine again =P
Maybe the pressure of the faceplate was creating a short-circuit somewhere on the back of the mobo.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:05:04 PM by cloud1 »

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: PSP keep shorting or something HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 02:41:55 PM »
Firstly, did it shutoff when you had the psp on while the psp was half opened? Because if that is the case, for future reference, you shouldn't work with your psp with the battery in...

To answer your question, did you try covering parts of the metal thing with electrical tape?

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline cloud1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSP keep shorting or something HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:05:02 PM »
I did cover it actually, but it still shut off.
I also found out that if i touch this part my psp shuts off

I dont know if that is normal or not

EDIT: i dont know if matters or not, but the split second my PSP shuts off, my WIFI led turns on and dies within a nanosecond.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 01:28:10 PM by cloud1 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal