Author Topic: Need advice....  (Read 2208 times)

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
Need advice....
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
Hey guys,I need your advice on what I should do,I'm stuck in a situation that I really don't want to be in,here's the situation in it's entirety,none of it is made up,and if you don't believe me,then you obviously don't know me........

On Friday,my (now ex) girlfriend split up with me (I don't even know why,and tbh I don't care,didn't really like her).So I talked one of my best friends (the girl who I just so happened to be crazy about for the past year and a half) on the phone about it,we ended up talking for hours (lets refer to her as "Megan",which btw isn't her real name).She then invited me to her 17th birthday party in Galway on Sunday,which is 130 miles from where I live (Meath/Dublin).She also offered to let me stay at her house for the 2 nights I'd be over.
Of course I accepted and on Saturday arrived at Galway bus station with a change of clothes,a pack of my favourite cigarettes,some matches,a 6 pack of miller,my phone,the present for the girl in question,and 200 euro's spending money.
We met up and got a taxi back to her house,when we arrived I exchanged pleasantries with her parents,siblings etc. then we went to her room where 4 of her friends (all female,2 of whom I knew very well and were also great friends of mine) were sitting on her bed.We joked about,sang songs and drank until about 1am when her friends left.
After her friends left we were feeling a bit woozy and decided to go to bed,in the bedroom there were 2 single beds in the room.We lied down together on my bed and talked until the sun started to come up.I woke up the next morning and she had her arm around me.
At about 6pm megans friends started arriving at her house for the party,I was surrounded by literally 25-30 beautiful women with the only male company being her 10 year old brother,her 60 year old father,and one of her friends' boyfriends,but I couldn't take my eyes off megan.I had to ask megans friend to pinch me to confirm that I wasn't dreaming.

At 10pm megan's mum gave us a lift into a large nearby town where we went to a bar entitled "Silky's" and hit the liquor like the American's hit Hiroshima.
We went out for a cigarette (we both smoke).She asked me if I wanted to make out with one of her friends,I said "If I came all the way here to make out with one of your friends I would have done it by now".so she asked me "so what did you actually come here for?",I replied "I came here for this" and kissed her.Next thing I know megan is all over me in a taxi back to her house,then the next thing I remember is being upstairs and us both in her bed.

I won't go into the rest because this is a family site.But to see from my point of view,you have to know the whole story,which is why this post is so long.
She means so much to me that I never want to lose her,we've been best friends for years,she is the only person who listened to me during my chronic depression,I owe her my life.If I ask her to go out with me,and she says no,I don't know if I could cope.But I'm afraid of her saying yes also, because if we ever split up I'd lose her.But if she does feel the same way about me as I do about her,and I dont ask her out,then I will lose her also.

Please acidmods,what should I do?This girl means the world to me,but I don't know which road to go down,if I lost her I don't know if i could go on.
Peace,
ryan0
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:11:25 AM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
Re: Need advice....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:36:48 PM »
Try it. By the sound of it, I dont think she'll be saying no ;)

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:38:11 PM »
SMOKE?!?!? Nooooooooooo ryan! id say ask her out. 99% chance she does feel the same way about you. if you got (for family friendliness sake) "lucky" she MUST liek you. so ask her out  :victory:
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 04:51:05 PM »
SMOKE?!?!? Nooooooooooo ryan!
Lol, agreed. Come on man you're smarter than that :taunt: you know what those carcinogens will do to ya =P

My POV says, ask her out already, what are you waiting for? Hahaha, but, I suppose in the end it's up to you. I say ask her out though. She liked the fact you kissed her, you get laid on her 17th bday, she [obviously] likes you back. And, hey, I know what you mean with the whole not wanting to lose her, owing her your life, etc. deal for the most part. My friendship with said person in my case had a slight downer from August until now, where we're becoming better friends like we used to. It took a lot to cope, but in the end if you really care like you said, and I 100% believe you do, then you'll do whatever you can to get her back and keep her close for good. And, ya know what man? Worst case scenario, she doesn't want that kind of commitment. You've been best friends and close for years you said, and with a friendship like that, a bond like that, you're not losing her. Someone like that you'll always be friends with no matter what!
Best of luck to you bud, hope everything works out the way you want it!!

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »
if it doesnt work out, take my life motto:

BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »
"The image or video has been moved or deleted"
Best motto I've ever seen, no lie. xD

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 05:08:39 PM »
Thanks kicks,that was some really great advice from somebody who knows exactly what I'm going through.I'll do it,Tomorrow I'm gunna take the bus up there and ask her out!
Wish me luck!
If I dont update within 4 day's I've probably killed myself....
Derp.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 05:14:25 PM »
Yeah, don't go there. I really hope you're joking bud. Remember, like I said, you'll always be friends, bonds like that won't break over a petty thing like being rejected. I've been rejected by some extremely extremely close friends before, and that hasn't messed up our friendships a single bit. If anything, we're better friends. The case probably won't be the same for you, as in everyone is different and no 2 people will live the same lives, exact scenarios, etc., but again I wish ya the best of luck, I assure ya she'll say yes. Especially after a night like that XD haha

Offline Chi-kitory

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Nes Warlord
    • Emuwizards
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 05:16:49 PM »
"The image or video has been moved or deleted"
Best motto I've ever seen, no lie. xD
Rofl@PSPkicks!
I agree Ask her out, then pop the real question when the time is right, she seems from this, to be the one! :D
plus if you guy did do the deed, then she must be physically and emotionally attratced to you.. Most girls just dont sleep with best friends unless they mean it! Plus all it took was a kiss to get to that point! Theres real magic in this relationship is it only took a kiss!

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 05:22:18 PM »
Rofl@PSPkicks!
I agree Ask her out, then pop the real question when the time is right, she seems from this, to be the one! :D
plus if you guy did do the deed, then she must be physically and emotionally attratced to you.. Most girls just dont sleep with best friends unless they mean it! Plus all it took was a kiss to get to that point! Theres real magic in this relationship is it only took a kiss!
Not necessarily. Wh*res, sl*ts, prostitutes, etc. would do their best friend in a heartbeat I'm sure.

But this isn't the case with ryan, definitely not, so you're definitely right. XD. By the way it seems and the fact that they've been close for ages and all. She's definitely a keeper man.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 05:38:59 PM »
*image removed*

thats what its supposed to say  :rofl:

Kicks: I lol'd, but I had to remove it, too inappropriate for our younger members here.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 06:04:02 PM by PspKicks316 »
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 01:36:55 AM »
Pack protection  :winker:

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 05:44:58 AM »
I'd say I wouldn't bother, long distance relationships SUCK.

I'm 200 miles from a few girls (im in UNI) and even though the girl(s) I love to death I'd rather see them happy all time rather than when I was around.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 08:14:43 AM »
That's what I'm afraid of,I've been in long distant relationships where I made the effort to see them whenever possible and the longest lasted 2 months.I've decided to not ask her out until a few weeks from now when she's coming over to my house.
"friendship often ends in love,but love never ends in friendship"

Thanks for the help guys,you all rock.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:22:02 AM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »
i wouldnt do it if i were you.

i had the same problem last year
she liked me
i liked her
we were amazing friends for like 2 years (she was there for me for everything i had to say)
i asked her out
3 weeks later
i screw up (nothing major)
we break up that night.
now we are still friends but nothing like how we were (shes still there for me...shes just not there)
its half the reason im the way i am now.
you should just keep the friendship. cuz if your getting lucky w/o going out. then theres not much more you can expect from actually being together...other than "i love you" and more often loving

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »
go to her house at midnight, and play peter gabriel from a boombox

works every time

seriously, try it, the effort is what matters

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal