Author Topic: Screwed up Install, X no longer works  (Read 946 times)

Offline JOETHAMAN

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Screwed up Install, X no longer works
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:37:13 PM »
So, I attempted to do the install on the COD edition rapidfire/reload and my X button no longer works. 

On the Initial install, everything went smoothly.  I had some problems soldering the yellow and blue.  I put everything together and neither the rapid fire or reload worked.  All buttons worked.

I opened the controller back up and did a little more scraping around where the yellow and blue wire connect and buttoned everything up.  The rapid reload still did not work, and the trigger button would only fire when the trigger was released, not while held down. 

I opened the controller again to double check all the connections, and did a little more scraping on the blue and yellow contacts.  I buttoned everything up and the rapid fire would fire constantly without the trigger being pulled, and the reload still did not work, but neeither would the X button. 

I then opened the controller and removed the whole thing, and no my X button no longer works, so I am guessing that I scraped off the trace.  Can anybody repair my mistake, if so, how much?

Offline jacobvbest

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Screwed up Install, X no longer works
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »
depends how badly you damaged it, it could be as cheap as buying a bit of wire, or as expensive as buying a new controller. maybe put up some pics?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:27:07 PM by jacobvbest »

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: Screwed up Install, X no longer works
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:43:26 PM »
we need decent pics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal