Author Topic: New Rapid fire..can use all 1-4 players..no chip?  (Read 2982 times)

Offline rrrryyaannnn

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
New Rapid fire..can use all 1-4 players..no chip?
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:44:33 AM »
Ok so after accidentally removing and losing my 1st player led my rapid fire has consisted of wire to trigger momentary button and the a little piece of duct tape where the led should be...obviously this wont hold well but it did work for a while...

I saw this video on youtube about how you could use the right rumble instead of the led...I tried this and it just worked like a second trigger no rapid fire?

So im looking for a way that i could have rapid fire..with no chip...and use it on all 1-4 players...

Thanks in advance

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: New Rapid fire..can use all 1-4 players..no chip?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »
Ok so after accidentally removing and losing my 1st player led my rapid fire has consisted of wire to trigger momentary button and the a little piece of duct tape where the led should be...obviously this wont hold well but it did work for a while...

I saw this video on youtube about how you could use the right rumble instead of the led...I tried this and it just worked like a second trigger no rapid fire?

So im looking for a way that i could have rapid fire..with no chip...and use it on all 1-4 players...

Thanks in advance

aparently you have the old matrix if it worked before, I have not tried this, but I think its on like page 13 of the rapid fire no chip thread. use the positive (red) wire from rumble, to switch, to trigger pin. and now it should not matter what player you are. you say you did this and only got one shot, two things could be wrong now,

1)new batteries, this mod you must use a slight amount of battery power for this low tech mod to work, becouse it works of the micro pulses of the controller. when batteries are brand new or fully charged, it pulses too fast and registers as a hold.

2) this is most probable, make sure you are conected to the red wire from the rumble pack, to the momentary switch to trigger pin

if that dont work your out of luck and should  go to the acidmods shop and just buy a chip that will work every time.

good luck

Offline StealthedHunter

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Can't See me
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »
it doesnt work because im pretty sure( not 100% ) that the led pulse is what makes it work which souldnt work with a rumble. I forgot what they called it in the other thread but that is why i think it doesnt work for ur rumble

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:49:34 AM »
it doesnt work because im pretty sure( not 100% ) that the led pulse is what makes it work which souldnt work with a rumble. I forgot what they called it in the other thread but that is why i think it doesnt work for ur rumble

the micro pulses dont come from the led, it comes from the main board, and runs throughout the controler. led or rumble should not matter. ( not 100%, but thats my understanding) if you look here they say it works off the rumble. 

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=17135.420

I will test this for myself when I get off work today, in about 4 hours. let me know if you get it working so I dont waist my time. this is a very crappy way to get rapid fire, but it does work, one of my friends shorted out his controller doing this mod, just so you know.

look here I will personally guaranty these mods work and are safer for you controler.just require more work

https://acidmods.com/shopUSA/

https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=24877

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 10:39:16 AM »
As far as I know the rumble doesn't use PWM, which is what drives the 'rapidfire' in the no-chip method.
There is only 1 no-chip method, and that's by using that point on the led.

Modded matt, hyperlink your URLs please.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »
Are there different intensities of rumble?
If so, then they are controlled with Pulse Width Modulation.
If not, then monkies.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »
I did not get a chance to test this yesterday, had to work late, I will test this today.

as far as the links go, copy and paste.

mr +19/-98 (spam) that is 83% bad posts. ROFL 

if you read through the no chip post you will see, this has been discussed and confirmed working by other sources, but I have yet to verify it for myself

update 11/6/08
ok, I have tested this method and have now proved that this method of rapid fire does infact work. you can now have no chip rapid fire on any player using the rumble RED wire.

1)cut plug off rumble
2)cut black wire as short as posible
3)solder the red wire to your momentary switch
4)solder the other end of you momentary switch to the center pin of the trigger.
5)enjoy pownage

just in case:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ub2dakzCA

for the record there buddy, there are now three ways I have confirmed for the no chip method, led, rumble and trace.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 04:07:32 AM by modded matt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal