Author Topic: A few questions regarding PSP repair  (Read 1418 times)

Offline tomrem

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
A few questions regarding PSP repair
« on: December 01, 2008, 02:41:48 AM »
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, searched, didnt find what I needed so im gonna ask. Been repairing PSPs for a few months, and ive had a few motherboards go bad on me for no apparent reason, while swapping out the guts sometimes, or replacing a UMD drive (more on that in a bit). Is there something im missing? Im not damaging them in anyway but a few just stop working. Any help would be nice, been trying to figure out why on my own, and decided to ask for help.

Also, bought a few UMD drives new, usually just rummage thru another PSP for em, and they said you have to solder an anti-static point on the ribbon cable. Is there a tutorial out there for this?

Thanx, Tom.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
Re: A few questions regarding PSP repair
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »
try and run the mother board and wifi board and power board together out of the psp housing, connected to a battery. also connected at least 1 PSP speaker. if u hear somthing, your Mobos good. its just shorting somehwere, or its not nestled in the right spot. i usually never reinstall the metal shield befind the mobo / on top of the wifi board. if it makes contack with a point on the mobo, usually u get this problem. i never reinstall, and have no problems with out it.

Now to UMD drive.

you dont need to sodler anything. the connector form the drive to mobo is a ZIF connector, and mine work perfectly line with out any "soldering"
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline tomrem

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 04:19:52 AM »
Tyvm. Found some info here which has proven invaluable (backlight fuse), which is the reason 2 of my mobos werent working. And the UMD drives are garbage, ordered 2 new from Yallstore and both are crap, non working.

But thanx for the response, also working on a pet project mod and hopefully with some luck will be done in a few weeks.

Another question, anyone have a link of ag ood place to get LEDs and other parts for PSPs? Where I dont have to order from 9 different places to get what I need. Thanx again.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »
dealextreme.com is good for PSP parts, cases, screens, buttons, etc.

coolmods.co.uk is aboit more expensve than DX, but the quality is superb

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-x-0603-smd-red-yellow-blue-white-green-led_W0QQitemZ350135034495QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment?hash=item350135034495&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

is who i buy my LED's from. and its free shipping so u cant go wrong with that!
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »
haha psphax i get my leds from the same guy he has the best prices like 100 red leds for only 3$ buy alot of leds any youll save shipping since he only dose priority shiiping sho its 5 extra $

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal