Author Topic: Ultraviolet??  (Read 970 times)

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Ultraviolet??
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:50 PM »
I currently have a white psp with black buttons, and I was wondering if it would be possible to have 0603 in blacklight (UV) color on the psp. Thanks for any help  :hifive:

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Ultraviolet??
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 07:25:52 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.ca/100-BRIGHT-UV-PURPLE-0603-SMD-LEDs-SMT-LED-100mcd-603_W0QQitemZ260311408292QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET?hash=item260311408292&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

If you're asking if there's such a thing... Here you go. If you're asking if you could put the leds into the buttons, then black might not be the best choice...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »
Well, it's a long story, but I bought red buttons to go with my white face/backplate, and they didn't fit. Then, I was planning on doing a red LED mod, but that isn't going to work out because there are no otehr brands of red replacement buttons for the phat! So, I'm stuck with the black OEM buttons, and I'll just have to make do with that, so I figured why not blacklight leds for the triggers and ROL. So might that work out? Or would it just turn out suck-ish...

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »
Well, it's a long story, but I bought red buttons to go with my white face/backplate, and they didn't fit. Then, I was planning on doing a red LED mod, but that isn't going to work out because there are no otehr brands of red replacement buttons for the phat! So, I'm stuck with the black OEM buttons, and I'll just have to make do with that, so I figured why not blacklight leds for the triggers and ROL. So might that work out? Or would it just turn out suck-ish...

that seems cool yea your going to need psp 1000 or phat parts to use on your psp i'm guessing you just saw psp 2000 parts and ordered

PINOY AKO

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »
I'm a n00b, but not that much. I got them here:
http://www.powergamingparts.com/redfatpspbu.html

They are the same as the coolmods ones, except I live in the U.S., and that was more convenient. They look pink in the picture but they are exactly the same color as these in person:

http://www.coolmods.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_26&products_id=38

The problem is that the home, volume +, and screen brightness are always pressed down, in addition to the fact that the d-pad can wobble almost 45 degrees, and in addition to the fact that the face button notch-things on the bottom don't fit even the stock faceplate.
But on the plus side, I custom painted the backplate, and prayed for all that is good that it would match the asterix faceplate, and It turned out to match perfectly  :yess:. I digress...

But one more thing, what would the resistance need to be for UV? I'd assume 25-30 Ohms would be safe, but what do you think?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal