Author Topic: [NEWS]GC2-D3 DVD-DRIVE for Wii  (Read 3059 times)

Offline PSPMAN90

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
[NEWS]GC2-D3 DVD-DRIVE for Wii
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:43:43 PM »

"WII GC2-D3 Drive"

Origin:  :dntknw:
Supposedly This model was found in an Australian console, is not yet implemented in other models of wii Consoles [NTSC (USA) ,wii  NTSC-J(Japan)]. If you do find one of this DVD-Drive models, be careful, and do not mod, or it will be broken.

Technical Summary:  :faint:
"What they have done is combine the old D1A and drive controller chip in to one which is now called the GC2-D3, as you can see from the photo there is a big blank space on the PCB where the controller chip used to be."

Commentary:  :whoosh:
Well here is a Picture of the new Wii DVD-Drive called "GC2-D3", although is not compatible with any Modchip, that doesn't come to the place here, it should be used for Normal Functionality, Just like an Update from Nintendo to the Console Wii. Mostly this drive was release for security purpose rather than other thing.

NOTICE!:  :fear:
*But I speak in behalf that I do not endorse this kind of usage for the Wii, his Drive or any of his components. 

Sources of this info:
Internet
WiiNewZ
qj.net

Interpreted and broad to you by:  :clap:
PSPMAN90

PS:   :#1: Even if nobody reads this, I still think I'm doing my Job, or at least sorta...

Thanks!   :winker:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:57:46 PM by PSPMAN90 »

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: [NEWS]GC2-D3 DVD-DRIVE for Wii
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 04:56:59 PM »
whenever you are quoting news you ALWAYS need a link back to the page that you found it from.  You don't have to have one then one link, one is fine and most of the time enough.  But good job nevertheless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal