Author Topic: Wireless Adapter problem  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Wireless Adapter problem
« on: December 06, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »
I have a Netgear WG111 V2 USB wireless adapter which was working flawlessly a while back when i had my first router which was also a Netgear but cant remember the model number. Since i got my new laptop with built in wireless i haven't needed the usb adapter and we got the Sky router for Sky broadband. Now that i built a pc for my mum i brought out the USB wireless adapter but it doesn't work, i get the error message when i try to connect to my wireless router with the adapter " windows cannot connect to "sky..."
wireless association failed because windows did not recieve any response signal from the wireless router or access"
, but im not sure why as i have heard that any wireless adapter works with any wireless router unless it may just be this model? Help is appreciated.

Thanks

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Wireless Adapter problem
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 01:06:42 PM »
Reset the router...

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 01:55:03 PM »
Turned it off and turned it back on and had no effect on the USB adaper. Then i pressed the reset button and it was working, but wierdly. Some sites such as acidmods and live.com weren't working with both the USB adapter and my laptop with built in wireless but others were, then 5 minutes later it just goes back to how it was at first, not working with the USB adapter but all sites working with my laptop with built in wireless...

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 02:09:25 PM »
Then it's the usb adapter. It's dying. Lol. You can get a cheap good one from newegg or tigerdirect, though.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 02:15:27 PM »
Augh. Oh well, kinda what i was thinking, gonna have to look for something cheap in the UK, gonna have to recruit to Ebay. Well thanks for the help, much lovage =].

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal