Author Topic: button leds help  (Read 953 times)

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
button leds help
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »
i saw the other thread for the button led, but i want to know where to solder the wires to. if i solder them to the speaker wouldn't it interfere with the button, and rubber contact? and if i don't want to use the cheap buttons that came with the clear housing, how would i connect the led to a regular button? Thanks. o0o Does anybody know any high quality spray paint i can use to paint the trimming of the psp ? i'm looking for white, and a darkish blue.

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: button leds help
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »
Im working on it at the moment, so far looks very nice with those cheap buttons :D, but what I have done is filled them with hot glue, then trimmed the excess with a dremel so It has that weight to it, and it touches the contacts properly. Then going to drill holes into them, hot glue or epoxy the LED's there, also then add a small incision with a dremel on the button to run the wire down to have the smallest possible difference in contact difference. You can drill into any buttons really, just make sure you get those ones where they are transparent, like the black ones, they have black bottom, but transparent top. Not so sure with the paint, since I dont paint much, but I painted my trim before, first I went out and bought some different grits of sandpaper, some primer and then some glossy plastic paint (just to paint plastics). Then sand the existing paint with a high grit sandpaper off the trim, then once its off, get the very fine grit and sand it to smoothen it, the apply primer, leave to dry, use fine grit agian to smoothen it out, apply another coat of primer, leave to dry, smoothen out agian, then apply paint, leave to dry, sand to smoothen in (not too much) then apply another coat very carefully and leave to dry

Yes, the painting method takes alot of patience but it ends up a lot better, oh yeah, and remember to sand the button area on the trim a lot, so it doesnt jam in the paint

P.S: Tap this bong? Is that off russell peters lol, Anthony by day, and TAP THIS BONG BY NIGHT?!! lol

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:48:38 AM »
LOLLL :rofl: ya i got it form russel peters. thanks i have to go pick up some glue gun sticks, sand paper, and paint tomorrow.

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »
LOL

Man he rules.

He's actually from where I live too.

Brampton

aka