Author Topic: Turns on only when you hold it in the right position.  (Read 1498 times)

Offline AMP

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Turns on only when you hold it in the right position.
« on: December 09, 2008, 12:44:05 PM »
My friends DS Lite is kinds weird as when he try to turn it on just bottom or both screens will flash then shut down. Some time he could make it turn on to the main bit and load the game if hes really lucky but eventually it will just turn off.

He said the cause could have been when he dropped it at school.

There no visual damage to it like dents so I guessed there something messed up with the motherboard or something broken.

Ill try open it up and get an picture of it, if that help.

Thanks

Offline Aricado

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hiding under your bed devouring your dreams..
Re: Turns on only when you hold it in the right position.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:22:24 AM »
Screens need to be re-plugged to the motherboard.Flashing screens means a screen is not connected(actually the backlight)

Aricado: Kenshinffx made my sig.
"I made your Avatar too!"
Aricado: Get outta my head!!!!

Offline AMP

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 08:47:21 AM »
Thanks for replaying Aricado =P

the screen does flash but only the bottom one now. the top screen seems completely dead, no flash nothing i read this thread https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=19161.0 by Marioparty but it had nothing on the screen not turning on.

So the case is that i have to replug the bottom screen but im guessing by a completely new screen for him?

Oh btw, i got the ds lite off him today maybe tomorrow im going to open it up and post them up if it helps.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 09:23:55 PM »
Thanks for replaying Aricado =P

the screen does flash but only the bottom one now. the top screen seems completely dead, no flash nothing i read this thread https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=19161.0 by Marioparty but it had nothing on the screen not turning on.

So the case is that i have to replug the bottom screen but im guessing by a completely new screen for him?

Oh btw, i got the ds lite off him today maybe tomorrow im going to open it up and post them up if it helps.
You shouldn't need to buy a new screen. As long as both of them are plugged in properly you shouldn't have a problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal