Author Topic: New High Capacity Memory Mod Theory.  (Read 1261 times)

Offline haq3r00

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
New High Capacity Memory Mod Theory.
« on: December 10, 2008, 06:48:53 AM »
Yeah, I have a couple of theories about the mod that people can't seem to find a way around...

The UMD drive is just a drive right?. Why not simply replace it with a SSD (find a way to interface it into the same port the UMD data goes in)?

and if this fails....

find a way to connect more then one MS pro duo? (the psp would think one memory stick is connected with stupid amounts of space, but the data is divided between many cards down the line (this must be possible because an SSD exists that uses multiple SD's))

I'm a noob/amateur when it comes to actually getting my hands dirty... someone tell me if these are good ideas or bad?

Cheers

Offline tomrem

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: New High Capacity Memory Mod Theory.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:03:42 AM »
Photofast 3100-CR is the best method I believe right now. Its an addon that I assume you can pull out of its case to mount in your drive bay. At least thats what I plan on doing when I get mine this week. Uses 2 SD or SDHC cards for up to 32 GBs I think, maybe 64 since there are 32 GB SDHC cards. Trying mine with 2 16s.

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
Re: New High Capacity Memory Mod Theory.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 01:00:02 PM »
Well first off Welcome to AcidMods.

Tomrem is right, there is the adapter to use for added storage.

As for using the solid state drive, it can't be done and has been thought of many times over.

To interface it with the standard umd connections is just wayyyyyy too hard to do.

Slapping in any drive and using adapters won't work either, because both the psp and drive are slave, and would need some sort of bridge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal