Author Topic: Bricked, and i cant pandora...  (Read 2598 times)

Offline ghost0001

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • OMFG, STFU you L337 speaking idiot...
Bricked, and i cant pandora...
« on: September 30, 2008, 06:28:39 PM »
Here is the issue.  my friend gave me his broken psp to attempt to fix.  said he dropped it and it no longer turns on.  i flick the power switch and all i get is a black screen and a green power light that goes off after a short time.  There is no boot, no psp logo, nothing.  just a black screen.  i soft modded a pandora in my modded psp and made a magic memory stick using the AIO.  it tries to turn on and read the memory card just like in my modded psp.  well, still no luck with the screen.  i dismantled it and reseated the screen daisy cable.  still no luck.  any suggestions before i tell him he needs a new board?  Thanks in advance...

BTW: I have used this pandora and MMS on multiple systems with 100% success.  so i know they work.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 03:31:59 PM by ghost0001 »
Master says forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza.

Offline PSPpanda

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modding is an ADDICTION
Re: Bricked, and i cant pandora...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 04:23:06 PM »
ok here could be the problem. sometimes on certain PSPs when you do everything right you will have to do a blind installation. look it up on google first but that might be the problem. if it is not then i have no clue :huh:

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »
maybe when he droped it it broke

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline ghost0001

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:09:51 AM »
I'll look into a blind install after my field problem, army is sending me to california for a month.  so, first week in november i will check into it.  thanks for the info, i'll research it online while i'm there.  funny thing is i supply inet and phones to other units.  Thanks again for the info. :clap:

EDIT:  well i'm back from good ol fort irwin.  let me tell you. it was hell...  anyway, tried the "blind" install to no avail.  looks like this one might be chalked up to broke.  i check the fuses, fd and td for the power and back light on the screen.  both show they are not broken.  i checked the board for obvious breaks but i cannot see any.  so, now that i'm back to square one.  now what? :help:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 03:17:23 PM by ghost0001 »

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »
      Was there any sound coming out of it after you pandora it? If so, then thats good news. If still no image, check if the fuse to the back light burn out. If it did, then try to bridge it with a touch of solder. Ask an Acidmodder to send you a picture link showing location of such backlight fuse. Good Luck...

Offline ghost0001

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 03:20:36 PM »
no luck with anything, i bridged where the fd fuse was suppose to be and it turned on for a half a sec and shut off.  aparently that was not the right place to bridge.  i removed it and it went back to the way it was.  still no screen, the fd fuse shows it is not blown from my tests with a multimeter.  td is good too, so i'm lost... :confused:

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
I've found the cure for many things can be found be completely dissasembling something, and then putting it back together.

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »
re the wifi and memory lights on the left side too or just the power?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal