Author Topic: upgrade from ipod touch...*UPDATE* NVM, getting iPhone  (Read 1802 times)

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
upgrade from ipod touch...*UPDATE* NVM, getting iPhone
« on: December 09, 2008, 12:43:29 PM »
im seriously, and i mean SERIOUSLY considering updating to the new one (for cha-noo-kaaa) for a few reasons

my grandpa needs one (my old one would do)
its getting scratched up (if i were to get a new one, i would get invisible shield too)
the new ones have the fastest processor (in rank of fastes to slowest: 2nd gen ipod touch, iphone 3g, iphone, 1st gen ipod touch; got htis off engadget)
i like the external volume control
built in speaker  (for gaming... without headphones, i dont have headphones on 24/7..)

WURTH IT OR WHUT?

thanks..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:42:02 PM by noah03ark »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: upgrade from ipod touch 1st to 2nd gen; is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 03:22:35 PM »
It's very worth it.

The ONLY downside is that you can't jailbreak it. (Well, until someone hacks it. This one is RIGHT NOW unjailbreakable because of the new processor and everything.

I'd say go for it completely. I have the 2g 32gb touch and use it every single day and I love it.

Just letting you know, the back is almost scratch proof (at least for everyday use). I've had mine since the beginning of October? I think? And I don't think I even have a single scratch on it yet. It's that awesome.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 04:19:46 PM »
It's very worth it.

The ONLY downside is that you can't jailbreak it. (Well, until someone hacks it. This one is RIGHT NOW unjailbreakable because of the new processor and everything.

I'd say go for it completely. I have the 2g 32gb touch and use it every single day and I love it.

Just letting you know, the back is almost scratch proof (at least for everyday use). I've had mine since the beginning of October? I think? And I don't think I even have a single scratch on it yet. It's that awesome.

ok, good to hear.. i just need to convince the ol' folks, and BAM...december 21st it should be mine..hopefully

as for jailbreaking..i unjailbroke my current one two weeks ago, and i've had it fine.. the new firmware is a bit faster and i use all apps from the store

and as for scratches, my current one is...scratchey...i heard the back of the new one is still prone to prints or scratches... so i'm gona get an invisible shield

last question: is the speaker good/ nice? do you like it?

thx
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:21:51 PM by noah03ark »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:31:27 PM »
It's still prone to scratches, but it's a HELL of a lot more resistant than the old iTouch.

The speaker is great. You don't get a muffled sound or anything. It's loud too. I love it.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »
It's still prone to scratches, but it's a HELL of a lot more resistant than the old iTouch.

The speaker is great. You don't get a muffled sound or anything. It's loud too. I love it.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexxxccelllentt......yeeesssssssssssssss...hehehehe

i'll see if i can get my hands one one...plus invisibleshield... front and back...no more scratches

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal