Author Topic: dumb noob question, doesnt need to be answered  (Read 2955 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
dumb noob question, doesnt need to be answered
« on: December 09, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »
yeah i know im ganna get some people telling me to go through the topics in this thread or tell me im noob but i need to know if its possable to do a trigger mod on a slim... cause i just did one on a phat, and i have a slim and want to do some red led trigger mod... i have the right parts, i even managed to get some 38 gauge wiring off an old psp and some smt leds,..

i know its possable to make a sound reactive mod without a mod chip..
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: dumb noob question, doesnt need to be answered
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »
Man. Wtf. Talk about lazy... You didn't even need to search. There's a sticky on it. In this forum. About 2 topics up from this one...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:46:51 PM »
lol,  :cool: ty, and yeah but thats with a mod chip, read the rest of what i wrote, dont get ahead and start gabbing at the mouth.... i did a phat psp sound reactive mod WITHOUT a mod chip,..its as easy as just soldering the lines (+,-) to the polar counter of the micro psp speaker, i was just wondering if anyone has done the mod yet for the slim (seeing not one PICS of the mod done in the first 4 pages) for a slim, the speakers are closer to the trigger. Will it make a differents in placement of the smt leds? cause wiring the long 32 gauge wire was a hasle on the phat... not trying to be lazy just sick and tired of looking through old LONG pages to see Not one out come of the trigger mod on the slim... but sences im so "lazy" and not alot of people do dare to ask the obivous i wanted to ask... didnt mean to make you seem all dissapointed Like the topic said "dumb noob question, DOESNT need to be answered." eventually i would have gotten the picture of looking it for myself...but thanks for the compliment  :#1:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:58:21 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »
I didn't understand modchip, because we call that a soundboard/sound amp. Sorry.... But to do it without the modchip, you just do it exactly as you would with phat - go to the tutorial for it with sound amp, so you can find the points for the speakers on the mobo. Then, just solder to those points just as you would for the phat, and route the wires your own way or follow the tutorial's way. And by placement of leds do you mean how to put them in the triggers? If so, just put them in the same way you do on the phat.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:04:09 PM by bustinthejustin »

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:30:22 PM »
Yes you can do the same direct connection as on the phat, you just solder to the gold points of the speakers on the motherboard. i'm not sure which is + and - but just test and if it doesnt work then swap it around and there you go.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 04:03:17 PM »
Here, I'll be nice.

Speaker contact points (blue = positive, white = negative)

Wire routing
(left)

(right)

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 11:26:52 AM »
Here, I'll be nice.

Speaker contact points (blue = positive, white = negative)

Wire routing
(left)

(right)

awsome, ty.... yeah i was just worried the magnetic field caused by the pausing voltage to the magnet would cause a decline or a dimn-ness in the smt...ty for the pics, im ganna go ahead and do the soldering now i know how the contacts look like,.... hmm will it be a problem with the solder not sticking to the contacts.. cause ive done a wii mote mod and tryied a sound reactive mod and the solder didnt stick to the contacts at all... what can i put or do to make the solder stick to the contacts??

random is fun

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »
Hmm if it doesn't stick to the contacts, then yes, it will be a problem as that means you don't really have a solder connection. Try some flux. If you don't have any, your local radioshack would have some. If you live in the UK, I believe maplins has them, and if you don't live in UK or US, then try online. The acidmods shop at www.acidmods.com/shopusa has some for $6 plus shipping.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 04:00:33 PM »
Hmm if it doesn't stick to the contacts, then yes, it will be a problem as that means you don't really have a solder connection. Try some flux. If you don't have any, your local radioshack would have some. If you live in the UK, I believe maplins has them, and if you don't live in UK or US, then try online. The acidmods shop at www.acidmods.com/shopusa has some for $6 plus shipping.

oh ok, hmm i dont have any flux, and radioshack is in the next town over.. can i solder a line on the speaker instead, wrap it over the contact and then solder the end to the wiring and place it back? or would that be bulky?

random is fun

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 08:03:17 PM »
Whaaa?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 12:47:14 PM »
lol, nevermind, i though the solder wouldnt stick to the contacts but it actually did stick and i got it to work, though for somereason one side is dimmer then the other ;/ i think it might be cause the wires are contacting and causing a small short, cause the light stays on

random is fun

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »
What do you mean the light stays on? You mean like when there's no sound? I think they're supposed to be like that but I'm not sure. As for one being dimmer than the other, are you wiring the leds in parallel or series?

Offline 123sample

• Registered BST
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 01:26:25 AM »
Some of my led s dimmer, i think it depends on the manufacturer,

but it should be not that dim you know, it should be not enough power..

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
wow ive been away. anyways yeah the leftside led is dimmly on and when i play a mp3 music the right led is alittle brighter then the other, just resently the leftone went out, when i choke it alittle it kept turning on and off, it might be the wiring is falling off the contacts might be cause the brace holding the speaker against the led...  i will add photo and a  vid later i dont have my cam its being used -.-

random is fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal