Author Topic: PS3 and XBOX 360 COMBINED (post your thoughts)  (Read 5054 times)

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
PS3 and XBOX 360 COMBINED (post your thoughts)
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:06:10 AM »
Does anyone know if Sony and Microsoft are ever going to combine their online networks? It would be so much better if we could play games like COD4 with everyone on either system.
"Only the Best"

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
Re: PS3 and XBOX 360 COMBINED (post your thoughts)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:09:19 AM »
Does anyone know if Sony and Microsoft are ever going to combine their online networks? It would be so much better if we could play games like COD4 with everyone on either system.

Not anytime Soon.. They Both want money and for something like that They would Both have to Spend alot for the two networks to be compatible.

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 11:16:33 AM »
Yeah I know but I read somewhere the customers prefer the ps3 do to free online while xbox 360 has to pay. By combining networks the two systems would gain buyers especially if both went with free network access.
"Only the Best"

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 11:35:57 AM »
Yeah I know but I read somewhere the customers prefer the ps3 do to free online while xbox 360 has to pay. By combining networks the two systems would gain buyers especially if both went with free network access.
I dunno Free is always Good. But its Something about the playing for Xboxlive to me that makes it better. Also I don't run into that many Screaming Little Kids that like to talk back on the 360 as to the PS3.. tbh

O o
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:38:59 AM »
I dont know about the screaming little kids thing because I have both systems and I think there are more kids on the 360 because the system is cheaper. But on either system you can just mute them.
"Only the Best"

Offline PsychoticWolf

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 11:48:08 AM »
I dont know about the screaming little kids thing because I have both systems and I think there are more kids on the 360 because the system is cheaper. But on either system you can just mute them.

True. Think about it tho. The Kids I run in to don't scream as much on the 360.I remember Playing a few games On the PS3 Warhawk and so on. almost every Game I joined were little kids Yelling and Screaming whining when they die.. its annoying But I have Love for both Consoles.. Dont get me wrong I had a few run ins on the 360 But Most of the Kids are Chill and Calm just wanting to play a game.  like you said Nothing the Mute feature wont Cure.. lol

O o

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 12:40:28 PM »
I can deal with the little kids screaming, what I don't like are the ones that are clearly adults that are whining! :angry:  And the fact is both of the systems have more than enough of them, but then again, what else is the inter web for than whining immature idiots? :eyebrow:  But seriously, the fact is that you probably never see an integration of the two networks, not only because the two companies are completely different, but because the two services (Although they ultimately provide the same core things) are completely different.

THE T3KN1K4L HAS SPOKEN!
:yess:

Offline Boxman

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 02:39:45 PM »
Nah. Their only obsessed with making ''State of the art futureistic gaming expiernces''  or some crap like that. There wouldn't be much games to play online with both consoles connected to each other anyway.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 06:25:41 PM »
yeah sony and microsoft already dislike each other enough, im pretty sure that will never happen, and as others say it just depends on what game you play on what system, i own all 3 next gen consoles (Wii, 360, PS3) Wiis WifiC is absollute  :censored: 360, has a lot of little kids that like to complain, but more older adults that  :censored: and wine ALL the time, PS3 just has tons of little kids everywhere that follow older people around, try to act cool, then complain when you make fun of them or they die...

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
yeah sony and microsoft already dislike each other enough, im pretty sure that will never happen, and as others say it just depends on what game you play on what system, i own all 3 next gen consoles (Wii, 360, PS3) Wiis WifiC is absollute  :censored: 360, has a lot of little kids that like to complain, but more older adults that  :censored: and wine ALL the time, PS3 just has tons of little kids everywhere that follow older people around, try to act cool, then complain when you make fun of them or they die...
Just because that they are business rivals doesn't mean that they hate each other.  It's just really bad business tactics to combined networks, and here's another thing to think about: if there's only one choice of a network for a consumer to pick then the price to use the network will be SUPER HIGH because there's no other competition in the market.  This is why you WANT a choice in the market so the price stays low.

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »
this is very true....

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline T3KN1K4L

• Virtual Modder Development Slavedriver!
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Not Admin
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 12:51:21 PM »
Just because that they are business rivals doesn't mean that they hate each other.  It's just really bad business tactics to combined networks, and here's another thing to think about: if there's only one choice of a network for a consumer to pick then the price to use the network will be SUPER HIGH because there's no other competition in the market.  This is why you WANT a choice in the market so the price stays low.
Yeah, I was going to add competition breeds excellence, but you summed it up pretty well there.

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
The price will not be high if they combined into a network like sony uses. Sony's network is free and all you have to pay for is to have internet access for your home itself. The price wouldn't raise most likely because if it did then no one would want to use the systems. If anything they would both become free and just the price of the consoles would go up.

Oh yeah and about the whining kids and adults, they are on both systems and that will never change because anyone can buy them. Just mute the ppl and the problem is solved.
"Only the Best"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal