Author Topic: need help with rapidfire mod for ps3  (Read 1334 times)

Offline lemonlaw95

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
need help with rapidfire mod for ps3
« on: December 18, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »
hey guys, first post
i agreed to do a rapidfire mod for someone, but i don't know how!
it has to be the kind with an extra button mounted in the handle, and it's used for call of duty 4 so it needs a way of bypassing the anti-rapidfire feature in cod4.  i'm pretty good at soldering and electronics.  if it can use standard components (ICs, resistors, caps, transistors, etc) that's great, since it's cheaper than a programmable PIC thing and all that.  i need this done by christmas eve, so a speedy, HELPFUL reply will be greatly appreciated!

Offline Ack Like You Know

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: need help with rapidfire mod for ps3
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 01:47:29 AM »
www.ps3rapidfire.com for programmed rapid fire. Cheaper than the crummy 555 timer and way more stable with a better install.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 06:24:18 AM »
No need to always be criticising the 555 timer method, when you work as hard as G_blaster did as i am sure you did with your PIC method, the last thing you want is to be criticised like this, not just on here but also on xbox scene. Despite the fact you may be "competition", you don't see Sony saying Xbox 360 is crap, gets RROD etc etc. I've done the 555 timer methods and works wonderfully.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 10:28:04 AM »
Lemon, I believe there is NO anti-rapidfire feature in COD4, only COD5 - correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure a tutorial and parts list is provided with G_Blaster's original post. Here it is:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=24921.0

Also, can somebody please explain why it's not stickied...?

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »
No need to always be criticising the 555 timer method, when you work as hard as G_blaster did as i am sure you did with your PIC method, the last thing you want is to be criticised like this, not just on here but also on xbox scene. Despite the fact you may be "competition", you don't see Sony saying Xbox 360 is crap, gets RROD etc etc. I've done the 555 timer methods and works wonderfully.

yet the 555timer does work just make sure not to do what i did and do it to the wrong pinout i did the "x" and not r1 lol i had to unsolder and find the right pinout lol.
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal