Author Topic: Painting xbox 360 controllers  (Read 5692 times)

Offline ToDaHeezy

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Painting xbox 360 controllers
« on: May 20, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
I need help moding my xbox360 controllers i dont know the full way of dissasembling it and putting it back together but i want to paint it plz help?
Get Some!

Offline coulonkid2012

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Dun Dun Dun Duh
    • myspace
Re: Painting xbox 360 controllers
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
ok ive painted like 4 or 5 controlers and its really simple just remove the screws(considering you have a torx saftey bit and if not buy one from the internet or mod a regular torx but like me :yess: )there are seven six of them are obveous and the 7th is behind the small sticker at the bottom of the battery compartment then pull the bottom of the back of the shell off firstthen the top of the back (it should come rite off) then pull the pcb out and then the buttons the d pad has 2 small philips screws the push on one of the little prong things then it should come rite out im sorry if its a little confusing if you have any questions ask happ painting

Current Projects:360 controller in a ps2 controller shell, 360 controller in a n64 controller shell, custom painted 360 faceplate and controller shell,

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »
Yea the case for the controller is a pretty simple layout and easily disasembled. Once thats done its easy mode from then on.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 06:23:29 AM »
Is there any recommended paint your suppose to use, or a method ? I heard when done spray painting you should spray a coat of enamel on to prevent the paint being scratched off.

Max

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
Don't bump old topics - start a new one...

But for your paint, I heard krylon fusion, car paint, etc. will work. Method, well, it's basically sand, prime, sand, first coat of paint, sand, 2nd coat, sand, 3rd coat, sand, clear coat... Soemthing like that.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 11:43:45 PM »
Sorry, I thought I would of been told to search if I started a new one, because this one was still on the first page. Anyway while I'm here, I've seen on youtube people just put two coats of plastic primer wait till it drys couple of coats of paint and then Enamel. Would that be OK ?

Thank you
Max

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »
That might work too. There are MANY ways to do it. Some may work better than others, but really, if you sand it nicely, and spray evenly, many methods will work.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 12:50:12 AM »
What sandpaper level should I use, like how fine should it be ? Because I'm thinking of sand>primer>primer 2nd coat> spray paint>spray paint 2nd coat>enamel. Have you painted any controllers ?

Thanks again
Max

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 10:45:39 AM »
No I haven't painted any controllers, but I have been reading around for a while, and I've heard tips, etc. from other modders. Here is a basic tutorial on the process for spray painting anything like consoles, controllers, etc.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=13445.0

Perhaps I'm not an advanced modder, but I have basic knowledge and I hope that helps you.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 06:43:26 PM »
Its, cool man I was just wondering. You've been really helpful. I just went and bought the supplies then. I talked to the guy there he also gave me a few tips. When its all done I'll post a few pictures or a video up here. I also plan on putting some blue LED's in the ring of light part. So hopefully all goes well. Just one more question. If I'm going to make a viddo can I use the acidmods intro video ? Like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-rPwQiGi3w

I'd just like to show a little bit more support.

Thanks again
Max

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »
Glad to be of help. As for the AcidMods intro video, I'm not sure - you might have to ask System or one of the Admins. Although it's not copyrighted or anything, you might just wanna make sure. It's great that you want to show support though, and if they don't give you permission, you could always just get a picture of the AcidMods banner and just put that at the beginning of the video. Good luck, and definitely put up pictures/videos when you're done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal