Author Topic: WHAT JUST HAPPENED-  (Read 2278 times)

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
WHAT JUST HAPPENED-
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:48:49 PM »
Ok, so I'm playing Daedelus X64 as usual, and in the middle of super mario 64, I started getting a horizontial black line across the screen. It didn't go away for about a minute, so I turned off my psp and rebooted. The line was gone. So I went black to playing a new homebrew game called "Powder", and after about 5 minutes, the line popped up, except bigger. I immediately turned off the psp. I used my handy-dandy Pandora's battery and MMS to reflash, hoping to help it, but no dice. So I opened up my psp and took out the lcd screen. I made sure the wasn't anything in the ribbon cables and that they were still connected,  and the were working fine with no problems. So, what's with the  :censored: lines on my screen? I'm leaving to Florida on the 25th, and I'm seriously hoping it's not a new lcd screen coming my way. Any help?  :help:

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
Re: WHAT JUST HAPPENED-
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:57:44 PM »
might be the softwear. go re download it and try again. does this happen any other time?

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:00:09 PM »
You made sure there wasn't anything in the ribbon cables... You mean on? Just try reconnecting them, and cleaning them.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »
Lol, I meant on, not in... Yeah, I cleaned them. And the lines are on it wherever I go to on the psp.. XMB, IRshell, games, everything. It's really making me mad...

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 08:11:58 PM »
Have you dropped it before?

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
I dropped it within the first month of buying it in 2006... But I highly doubt that 2 years ago could do something. I recently finished a case mod about 3 weeks ago, and It's been working perfectly since. I also upgraded to 4.01 m33, and then reflashed down to 3.80 m33-5 because i didn't like 4.01.

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 05:49:44 AM »
might be from wear and tare b/c its form '06

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 07:48:45 AM »
I actually Lol'ed at that, My psp was in almost perfect condition (I bought a padded carrying case), but I did do a case mod about a month back, but it was working fine until now.

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 08:06:49 AM »
might be from wear and tare b/c its form '06

I think he's right. The LCD might be broken. Because when a LCD screen is cracked obviously there's a crack in it but also black lines appear all over it where the dead pixels are....but it doesn't explain how it appears and then disappears...hmmm.  Do you have another PSP lieing around ? Try testing the emulator on that PSP or a friends. Then we can rule out software and concentrate on the hardware.

Max

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 09:47:48 AM »
I know it's not a crack, I took it out and examined it, plus the lines are perfectly straight, about 1mm thick, and 1mm apart from each other. And I know it isn't software, my brother uses Daedelus X64 all the time. I'm pretty sure it's hardware. What I'm suspecting:
So, I live in Wisconsin, and We've had a winter storm warning since Friday. Maybe overnight there was a power surge that blew something out in the lcd?? If and when I get a new one, I'll take this one apart to see if there's any obvious issues. But in the mean time, does any one know where I can get a cheap lcd from? (I'm 14 without a job, money's tight.) But anyone has one for sale, I have a umd drive with the screws that I could trade. (with money, if needbe.)  :hifive:

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 10:14:15 AM »
Its the LCD dieing. Dead pixels probably as Max said. Get a new LCD, make a post in the "Buy, Sell and Trade" section on the bottom of the forums.

Good Luck  :victory:

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »
i doubt that its from dropping it. Ive also had my psp since 2005 also and mine still works perfectly. Ive dropped it straight on concrete, spilled suuper glue all over it, dropped it plenty of times onto various surfaces also.

id replace the lcd. yours may just be defective somehow.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline kink192

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 03:52:32 PM »
jumbo's right, the LCD is dying, nothing serious, just order a new one and do a quick swap.
It's been a long time

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
The swap should be simple, but I'm gonna need to find a way to fund one... All I got is 20$ and a UMD Drive. XD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal