Author Topic: difference in dual rapid fire mod CG - Matrix  (Read 3327 times)

Offline SirStar

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
difference in dual rapid fire mod CG - Matrix
« on: December 17, 2008, 07:13:20 PM »
What is the difference in the CG to Matrix 3 Mode Dual Trigger Rapid fire kit?  Can the jumpered spots be changed on the board to make it function in a different controller?

I ordered 2 CG mod kits, but found out that one of them is a matrix controller (was a un-opened controller).

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
Re: difference in dual rapid fire mod CG - Matrix
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »
the CG one will work in the matrix controller, but the LEDs will not work unless you route your own LEDs, due to the PWM in the matrix controller

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline SirStar

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 05:08:36 AM »
What about changing the spots that are jumpered different on the mod board?  Can that be changed (and the resistor added) to make it work on the matrix board?

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 05:52:36 AM »
The only difference between CG and Matrix for the Dual Rapid Fire Mod is that on Matrix we use a Transistor and a some resistors to controll each of the ROL LEDs.  Like Blackburn said if you wish to use a cg board on a Matrix you can just use your own LED with positive end of the LED tied to the pad for the LED and negative end of LED to a 470ohm resistor and other end of resistor tied to ground.

If you wish to use existing ROL LEDs then you can use a 3904 Transistor with 1.5k from the pad to the base, emmitter to ground, and collector connected to 470ohm resistor which is then connected to negative end of existing ROL LED. There are pads for this on the board for SOT23 package transistor, and 0805 size resistors. Let me know if you want to go surface mount route and we can get you all the details.

Easiest way: send board back to mike for exchange.

Offline SirStar

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 05:59:42 AM »
I'll try giving him a call today at his shop number.  My order still states 'Processing', so i don't think it shipped yet.... maybe i can catch it in time....

How long does it normally take for the orders to get shipped?

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal