Author Topic: Do I need anything else?  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Im Jake

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Do I need anything else?
« on: December 25, 2008, 05:06:46 AM »
Well, I have a total of about $213 so... I'm going to buy a PSP :)... I'm going to get the madden package or the new daxter... Well, I was wondering if there is anything else I'm going to need to mod it (besides the hookup cables)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15612 - is this a trust worthy place to get a pandora?

and what are the chances I can fk it up?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:26:31 AM by Im Jake »

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
Re: Do I need anything else?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »
Dude look around, or use the search next time, as this stuff has been asked all around all the time.

However, it is Christmas, so,

First off I'm gonna say this:

Don't get the new Daxter Pack, as it's the 3000. We have no public info (pinouts) on them yet, so unless you feel sure about modding, don't get it (not to mention you can't hack them).

I've *heard* that some of the Madden Packs might have a TA 088-v3 mobo, which means you can't hack it either. Be aware.

In saying that however, majority of them probably don't have that mobo, so you're in the safe.

Essential stuff: Soldering Iron, Solder, Flux (recommended) kynar wire, and a steady hand.

Other stuff: Surface Mounting LEDS size 0603, Speakers, ect. (really depends on what you want to do).

And with anything, theres always the chance to screw something up. For practicing soldering, I'd suggest toying around with the electronics in small cheap toys.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »
Wow that is an amazingly vague question... Mod as in soft-mod or hard-mod? Hard mod you will need WAY more than 213 bucks if you're just getting the psp. Actually, you'll probably need more than 213 for JUST the psp. I think it's what, 200 bucks plus tax? (Idk I'm in Canada...) And as Dark said, it really depends on what you're doing. Find tuts, look at the parts list, buy your parts, and get the essentials. I find essentials are 60/40 0.15" solder, 15w soldering iron, DEFINITELY flux, 30 awg kynar wire, helping hands, sponge, tweezers, and some precision screwdrivers to get your psp apart. Good luck...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Im Jake

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 11:23:52 AM »
normal PSP is $170, madden edition is $200. Uhm, what I want to do is put a CFW so I can play ISO's and homebrews....

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 11:30:11 AM »
You'll need a pandora and a memory stick configured for pandora. Just buy the pandora off of Dealextreme, and then there should be a tutorial somewhere around here for making a pandora memory stick. Just search around. Also, you should make sure that your psp is hackable.

Look at this picture:

At the store, ask the employee to let you take a look at the psp...  Then just check the barcode place in the picture and look at the letter.If you find letters like: NP,NPA,A,B,C,D,E,F,G you can still hack your PSP...Every letter over G are the new unhackble psp...

If you REALLY want to be sure, you could just buy a used psp, as most used ones are hackable.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal