Author Topic: psp2001 back light issue  (Read 3814 times)

Offline ALWAYZRIGHT

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp2001 back light issue
« on: December 21, 2008, 11:45:19 PM »
hello everyone i am new to this group i saw all the postings on the web and i must say there is some real knowledge here.

i wanted to ask a question and i hope this is the right place to asK.  i recently had my neice bring me her psp to look at after all of a sudden it just didnt turn on, no charge, no power, completely dead. i took it apart and looked around for any loose wires etc...

so i figured it might be a bad mother board , but after reading lots of posts it leads me to beleive that it could be the fuse, but where are the fuses located on this particular motherboard (TA-085)?

TO TEST THE LCD SCREEN OUT. I BORROWED MY NEPHEWS PERFECTLY WORKING PSP AND SWAPPED OUT SCREENS AND THE PSP POWERED ON BUT ONLY DARK DISPLAY. IF THE LIGHT HITS IT I CAN SEE THE DISPLAY IN THE BACK BUT NO light. SO IT LEAD ME TO BELEIVE THE BACK LIGHT IS BAD.. WRONG!!! I SWAP THE SCREENS OUT AGAIN TO PUT IT BACK  THE WAY IT WAS AND NOW THEY BOTH DONT WORK AT LEAST MY NEPHEWS TURNS ON BUT NO BACKLIGHT DISPLAY, I TOUCHED NOTHING ELSE BUT THE TWO RIBBON CABLES MAYBE I SHORTED THE BACK LIGHT FUSE ON THIS UNIT. BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHERE IT IS LOCATED SO I CAN SOLDER IT.and do you test the fuse with a meter and continuity just like an ordinary fuse or how do you know its bad? ON THE NON POWERING UNIT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE THE POWER FUSE IS FOR THIS (TA-085) BOARD  I WOULD LOVE TO BE MY NEICES HERO FOR FIXING HER PSP AND I FEEL HORRIBLE FOR BREAKIN MY NEPHEWS IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO FIX MY NEICES , SO ANY HELP YOU CAN THROW AT Me WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE,. :help:

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: psp2001 back light issue
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 12:08:13 AM »
Wrong Section.?

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE THE POWER FUSE IS FOR THIS (TA-085) BOARD
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=25069.0

for the backlight problem make sure the backlight connector is in all the way. Try reseating the backlight cable. For the location of the backlight fuse use the search function. I think it is on the back of the motherboard. I hope this helps

Offline experience

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 06:32:10 AM »
I had the same problem and i figured out that the Backlight fuse went out. Here is the pic where you can find it on a TA-085 MOBO. :tup:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/081228/PSP_MOBO_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic.  :sadno:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 06:34:35 AM by experience »
^_^ Hello!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal