Author Topic: URGENT! Blu-Ray drive board problem! PROs please HELP!  (Read 1914 times)

Offline minh_pham

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
URGENT! Blu-Ray drive board problem! PROs please HELP!
« on: December 25, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »
Hi ! I am new to this forum, so pardon me if I do something wrong that is against ACIDMOD forum regulations. I hope you guys can help me with this problem. So here is what happened. I bought a PS3 off ebay a week ago. Everything works fine, but the listing said that the PS3 was BLU-RAY dead. So I bought that PS3 along with a brand new replacement KEM-400AAA blu ray laser with the mechanism. I took apart the PS3 pretty easily (I am experienced with the PSP fat and slim).
When I took it apart, I had to clean the dust from the mechanism and the control board. While I was cleaning the control board, (picture 1), I noticed something very strange, there was a circle of dirt around the capacitor on the first connector leg that connects the control board to the PS3 power. The circle of dirt looked like the capacitors have been burnt, so I took the q tip and cleaned it with alcohol. There were no dirt around other capacitors beside it. (you know, when you burn a match on the ground, there is that black circle around it? that is what it looked like on mine).  Suddenly the tiny capacitor falls off and falls on the ground. I never saw it again. So I first I thought that it was a fuse , so I took some kynar wire and soldered the 2 points together. I easily replaced the whole laser mechanism with a brand new one. I put everything back togheter, turn on the ps3, and put the GTA4 in . It loads, and I thought that thank God it worked,. I turn off the ps3, after 30 mins I turn it on, thinking that it is perfectly working, put back the GTA4 disk in. it loads again, but this time gets stuck on the Rockstar logo. the next time I turned off the ps3, it wont load anymore. The day after, I put back the GTA4 game in , and it loads again, but only 1 time. I put in a normal DVD movie, and it plays fine. So I fear that my wiring on the control board was done incorrect. see PIC 2 and 3. So my final question is: please can some one measure the value of the capacitor on their BLU RAY drive control board and tell me, so I can buy a new capacitor (at least thats what I think it is)? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pics:
Pic 1:
http://e.imagehost.org/0991/1_40.jpg
Pic 2
http://e.imagehost.org/0956/2_1.jpg
pic 3:
http://e.imagehost.org/0193/3_8.jpg
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:03:19 AM by dslitemodder »

Offline minh_pham

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: URGENT! Blu-Ray drive board problem! PROs please HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »
BUMP...
so can someone help me by measuring their capacitor and pls tell me it value? thanks .

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: URGENT! Blu-Ray drive board problem! PROs please HELP!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 03:48:57 PM »
embed the pics using the [i m g] [ /img] without the spaces

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal