Author Topic: dual trigger rapid fire mod question/problem...  (Read 1023 times)

Offline trelfazz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
dual trigger rapid fire mod question/problem...
« on: December 27, 2008, 01:57:44 AM »
I just installed my first dual trigger rapid fire mod and ran into a small snag.
I placed almost everything just like in the install pics, when it came time to put it all back together I noticed that the crystal on the back of the CG controller mobo was hitting the rapid fire chip. Has anyone encountered this and how did you address it?

So I thought I would try it anyway so I screwed it all back together and it works fine BUT the problem I'm having is that now the left stick move slightly to the left when let go of. Now I know whats causing this and since the chip is hot glued to the controller case moving it is going to be a pain so I guess I'm looking for anyone who might have dealt with this and what I could do short of the obvious.

Thanks 

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: dual trigger rapid fire mod question/problem...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 08:40:02 AM »
I think there is a little sanding that you need to do to the back of the controller shell.  there is a little plastic nub that gets in the way.  I know KingMike has seen this before, maybe he will be around to chyme in?

Offline trelfazz

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: dual trigger rapid fire mod question/problem...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 02:04:32 PM »
Ya I did that, got the old dremel tool out for that.
Got it smooth as a babies bottom.
I'm really hoping I dont have to remove all that hot glue and move the chip.
anyone else have an idea?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal