Author Topic: LED mod  (Read 1091 times)

Offline Steve-0

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
LED mod
« on: December 28, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »
Ok, I'm pretty much completely new to modding, although I'm quite familiar with electronics and soldering and the like. I'm going to be modding a wired 360 controller to change the dome button (orange), ring around it (alt. red and blue) and backlighting the ABXY buttons. However, since mircosoft is stupid, and no longer make wired controllers for 360 (they're now windows live controllers and $70 a piece) I was wondering if it's advisable to try this with a wireless controller. It seems to me that it should be doable, but I'm not entirely sure if it will cut the battery life significantly or not. since they're LEDs and I'm only really adding four, I don't think that it will, but if anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate their input.
-Steve

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
Re: LED mod
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »
no steve if you use 0603 smt leds it shouldent change the battery life of the controler unless your using 200 leds

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline Steve-0

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 01:31:15 PM »
Thanks, I don't expect that just changing the SMDs is gonna do anything, i'm more concerned about the other ones, they're regular LEDs and I think there's gonna be a total of 8 that I add

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »
I did that to my controller steve-0 and I don't notice any change, so you should be good.

Offline Steve-0

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »
yeah, i think i'm only gonna be drawing around 100 mA total, so i don't think that'll be a huge drain on the battery, as i doubt that most AA batteries have a terribly low aH rating

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal