Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
Which
« on: December 27, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »
Ok. This is a really hard decision for me. I want to play some games, but I have no idea what platform.
Airsoft (Physical platform lol)

Here are all the links:
XBOX 360
PS3
GAMING RIG
AIRSOFT
or
NONE

I really want to buy the airsoft rifle, but I just wanted some opinions

The consoles are not necessities, but I would like to have an xbox 360 but am kinda scared about RROD. If the console is well ventilated it will not acquire RROD, correct?

Thanks,
RoBo

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
Re: Which
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
The RROD could happen if you console was in a ventilated air conditioned box, although the new 360's have a lower failure rate.  I highly recommend the PS3, and if you do get Resistance 2 so you can be addicted as well!

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »
Thanks Reaper, If I get a PS3 I will definitely get that game. As for the airsoft, I have been wanting that for a long time and I keep having to put my best friend off until I can get it. I feel bad.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »
That gun is trashy and the whole idea of airsoft (Shooting people with stupid plastic pellets that dont hurt and is so much money) is retarded. If you are going to shoot something get a pellet gun and target practice. I mean the gun is 400fps and thats just on the box BS, you can watch it come out of the gun its so crappy. Get a pellet gun, like my 1200 fps. Something like-

http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-quest-1000x.html.

And if any system get 360. Cheaper system, Online play is much better, stuff is cheaper, all in all better system. And RROD is not a scare to most people anymore, its guaranteed 2 years and the newer ones RARELY RROD.

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
Yeah, go 360. PS3 is good, but 360 is cheaper and you can get some seriously  good gaming out of it too.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »
HOLY COW. This is another reason I want to get 360...
LOOK
That's old news, but I didnt know there was a tutorial lol
I just can't find page two and three...

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »
HOLY COW. This is another reason I want to get 360...
LOOK
That's old news, but I didnt know there was a tutorial lol
I just can't find page two and three...

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/25/how-to-make-an-xbox-360-laptop-part-2/
http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/22/how-to-make-an-xbox-360-laptop-part-3/

Its called search bar.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »
haha shut up :rofl:
I know that now 
Thanks for helping a n00b :P
I'm going to own you if i get a 360
Its been a long day
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:52:04 PM by RoBot1ks »

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 03:57:45 PM »
get a ps3 im typing this from my ps3 ITS AWSOME !!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
lol. I am not worried about web surfing capabilities too much anyways. I have read that you can surf the web with the 360

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 04:34:18 PM »
Personally, I hate consoles. I see them as a way to play games for the "Normal Folk". Definitely go for a PC Gaming Rig and buy the parts separately. You will learn a lot buy actually building the computer your self and a normal gaming rig now days is about 3x better than a Xbox 360 or PS3. The PS3's GPU (Graphics Card) is a variation on the Nvidia 7800 GT which now is very, very outdated. A cheap 9800 GT is approximately two times or more better than it. Some people don't like online play aspects of PC Games but I think the complete opposite. With Console Games your playing as I said before normal people which have a giant lack of skill in games. I'll use Call Of Duty 4 as an example. My friend has an Xbox 360 and CoD4 and I was over his house for a while playing. I won every match with a giant gap between my kills and death, like 120-18. The people playing were completely :censored:, they had no skill what so ever, this was hardcore mind you. I go home to my PC and I start playing on my favorite server, Hardcore Free-For-All, and I'm seeing quite a lot people with massive amounts of skill and strategies that the people on Xbox Live had none of.  I contact them and they seemed to be alot older like 24, 36 etc. On Xbox Live every body was around 13-16 and the odd older person. This is why I like PC Gaming better, There's a better community of people doing it which a much larger skill set and every bodys friendly. Referring back to CoD4 again, I was getting taunts and threats etc. when I killed some one on Xbox Live. I've never ever got this on CoD4 PC and theres a lot of friendly chat going on in games thats always fun to join in on. Some games I just chat and don't even play. Its really up to you though but I strongly suggest you go for a PC instead of a console

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 04:52:33 PM »
Thank you for your detailed response Vox.
If I were to choose to build a gaming computer (would help me with the future a bit---electrical engineering), what games would you recommend?

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »
Thank you for your detailed response Vox.
If I were to choose to build a gaming computer (would help me with the future a bit---electrical engineering), what games would you recommend?

CoD4, Crysis, Bioshock, Fallout 3. There amongst my favorite games on PC. There's quite a lot more I'd recommend but these are the essentials.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 05:28:22 PM »
I have heard about all except Bioshock
I usually play Combat Arms on my friends pc when I go over. It's ok

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 07:06:08 PM »
think about this. what can use more often? xbox/ps3 every day of airsoft only once in a while?

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 08:02:17 PM »
Saying the online play is better on one console or the other is opinionated.  I've found the PSN to be stable and in a lot of cases better than the XBL service.  (Dedicated servers vs P2P)  Not to mention it's free.

Also, saying console gamers aren't as good as PC gamers is another opinionated statement,  I've played with some very experienced COD4 players on the PC (going to a tech school definitely hooks you up with some serious gamers) and I was able to keep right up with them although 99% of my COD4 experience came from playing on the 360 for a 9 month period (ask doug and the lot).

It's more about what you really wanna get out of the system though.  PC gamers are usually the more dedicated between consoles vs pc.  This can be a good and bad thing, good in the sense that your team mates will (odds are) be better, but I've personally found that playing with people on the consoles (especially my PS3 where I met one of my best friends) can be enjoyable because people are likely looking to chill and can be more personable.

In the end it's really up to you, you can get a PS3 for 400 bucks and not have to worry about a subscription to Live, or you can get a 360 and it'll cost you the same as the PS3 in 2 years.  What I'd recommend is getting them both because there are a lot of really good PS3 exclusives out there (whereas with the 360 a lot of the games go multiplat to the PC.)  And in the end, don't get the airsoft rifle, they definitely cost more in the end and they typically aren't used as much.

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »
When you put it that way, buickgnx,  I would go with the Gaming computer. Not only is it fast with games, but It would have sufficient memory and would be great for web surfing, downloads, videos, anything
I think it would be in order because my dell inspiron 1200 laptop crashes occasionally when I am using major video/audio messengers.

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »
I have heard about all except Bioshock
I usually play Combat Arms on my friends pc when I go over. It's ok

I don't really like those free shooters. Don't let that discourage you either. Bioshock is one of the best single player games that I know, It has great level design and a fantastic story.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 02:45:18 AM »
gaming rigs, are extremely powerful, yes, but that point is null and void when the games for them are equal to that of a PS3 or Xbox. PC Gaming seems to be a one-person affair from all the PC gamers i've met, and i dont enjoy that. On a console, your mates come round, you throw them a controller and you're all in the game. Everytime I've been round to my cousin or my mate's house (they both game PC) I've spent a lot my time there watching them play. not very enjoyable. On top of that building a gaming rig would be SO expensive, for it to be at least competitively powerful. I'm still puzzled as to why people think that console gaming attracting younger audiences is a bad thing, the majority just want to have fun, and that's what games are for. A lot of PC gamer i went against on CoD4 kept kicking people from the game if they werent doing well, and that was on multiple servers.

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline lol-russ

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • This ain't no armageddon
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 03:59:17 AM »
That gun is trashy and the whole idea of airsoft (Shooting people with stupid plastic pellets that dont hurt and is so much money) is retarded. If you are going to shoot something get a pellet gun and target practice. I mean the gun is 400fps and thats just on the box BS, you can watch it come out of the gun its so crappy. Get a pellet gun, like my 1200 fps. Something like-

http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-quest-1000x.html.

And if any system get 360. Cheaper system, Online play is much better, stuff is cheaper, all in all better system. And RROD is not a scare to most people anymore, its guaranteed 2 years and the newer ones RARELY RROD.
you insult me and those are not plastic pelets those are acrylic and it does hurt

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 09:47:41 AM »
I feel as if I am being jerked from one idea to another. I am truly leaning towards a 360. It's cheap, It's mod-able, I have many friends that have 360 and I can meet them online and have fun in a game.
If I was to get 360, I would also purchase the airsoft rifle. Lame? It may be lame in some people's eyes, but I enjoy it most of the time. It reminds me of socom (psp game, and with no hackers) but in real life. You don't need to feel extreme pain to have fun in airsoft IMO.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 10:00:59 AM »
Lol at Russ... Anyway, RoBot1ks I think you should just get what you think will be the most fun. If your friends have 360s, then get one. You'll enjoy it more being able to play it online with real friends, compared to online friends that you don't know personally. I mean, last year I was thinking "Xbox 360s are sweeet!" but now, most of my friends own PS3s so I'm leaning towards those now - all my friends have it, and it's not a bad system. Plus, it's very true that the 360 is moddable... I see much more potential modding 360s than ps3s. Mostly cause 360s are cheaper, and there appears to be many more modders modding 360s.

In the end just buy what YOU want... We're just here to give you our opinions but in the end, it's really your choice.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 10:33:04 AM »
Exactly right man. I just wanted some opinions so that I will be directed in the right way before I spend a buttload of money on something I wouldn't enjoy.

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »
PS3, 360, PC

They all have their ups and downs

But depends what you want it for

If you want to play with your mates (this is assuming your in a high school or so) then get a 360, most teenagers in countries like USA and US have it, not to mention its cheaper, but then to play online, costs quite a lot if you think about it, also doesnt have as good graphics as PS3 and PC

PS3 is more expensive, thus there is going to be less of your friends likely to own one, and usally, slightly older people have them (instead of 11-16 avg on 360) so there are less mingebags and 10 year olds that completly :censored: up the game (less people calling you a 9:11, how can you be called an event?)

PC, i admit its a bit geeky, and more expensive, usually more than 360 and PS3 together, but it does have its advantages, you can contact friends better (MSN, Xfire, Steam), you can get better graphics, you can usually get the same games as 360 and PS3 (for example valve games), games are much cheaper (L4D in my local store is £50 for 360 where as for PC its only £27), they are fully custimizable, they can be based around you, give noobie friends round your house an 'awe' factor, they can do other things (office work, school work, designing, coding, music, media centers, etc) and last but not least they can be upgraded whereas PS3, say if about 3 years time, games have even more detail like2x of crysis, you would need to buy a whole new console whereas PC, just get a new graphics cards, and parts for PC can be dirt cheap if you order outdated parts, for example, the 38xx series from ATI was in the spotlight very briefly till the 48xx series came, you can get 3850s for about £50 now, where as the latest 48xx cost double that not to mention a cheap 3850 has better graphics than a PS3

I personally just have a gaming rig

its quite old though, and still uses AGP, DDR, IDE HDD etc, so im going to build a new PC next year (gotta save up) to build a new proper gaming rig, just waiting for i7 to go down in price to be honest, if it doesnt go down enough soon im just going to go with Core 2 Quads

(My CPU is so old, its only 1Ghz, but i overclocked it to 2.3Ghz, not to mention they dont make my CPU socket anymore, its made when they used to use letters as sockets, eg socket F, socket A LOL)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »
and last but not least they can be upgraded whereas PS3, say if about 3 years time, games have even more detail like2x of crysis, you would need to buy a whole new console whereas PC, just get a new graphics cards, and parts for PC can be dirt cheap if you order outdated parts, for example, the 38xx series from ATI was in the spotlight very briefly till the 48xx series came, you can get 3850s for about £50 now, where as the latest 48xx cost double that not to mention a cheap 3850 has better graphics than a PS3

its quite old though, and still uses AGP, DDR, IDE HDD etc, so im going to build a new PC next year (gotta save up) to build a new proper gaming rig, just waiting for i7 to go down in price to be honest, if it doesnt go down enough soon im just going to go with Core 2 Quads

the ps3 isn't really that good a comparison when only giving 3 years as the ps3 has a lot more power to give - i read somewhere that it is only currently using 10-20% of its available power for its top games so imagine what it will be when games developers start using 50%+ of its power. sony designed it will a long product life cycle in mind and wont be releasing a totally new version any time soon.

if you want an i7 you should still go for it over a core 2 quad as on benchmarks the cheapest core i7 still beat the best available core 2 quad that is out at the moment and was cheeper

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 02:30:26 PM »
The PS3 is powerful, it has a powerful CPU i think? But PC hardware is rapidly becoming better, for example i7, pretty sure an average i7 is better than a PS3's cpu and as somebody said before a PS3's GPU is outdated already, I have seen a video of a man, who got his PS3 and gaming PC to render some really CPU loading physics, the PS3 did ok, at about 30FPS or so when the PC got about 100 (but that was a Core 2 Extreme overclocked)

How much is the cheapest i7? I was thinking of having enough money by about next year christmas (got some things to pay off), by that time, any estimates on the prices then? and if theres any new hardware then?

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »
Is it me or does the UK one cost more than the US one

Really annoying, why is it always cheaper there????

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline H-Sauce

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Music Producer
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2008, 03:52:39 PM »
It's cos we have a  :censored: load ov VAT on everything. Even with the VAT drop its stil stupidly high.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
the ps3 isn't really that good a comparison when only giving 3 years as the ps3 has a lot more power to give - i read somewhere that it is only currently using 10-20% of its available power for its top games so imagine what it will be when games developers start using 50%+ of its power. sony designed it will a long product life cycle in mind and wont be releasing a totally new version any time soon.

Didn't sony say that they planned the ps3 to have a market life of 10 years?  so far it's only been 2.

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »
i gotz the awnser: get em all =D
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »
The PS3 isn't really that much more than the 360 in the UK once you calculate all costs. You still have to buy a few accessories for the 360 which comes standard with the PS3. Things such as the wireless adapter, play and charge kit, Xbox live and not to mention that if you want a wireless headset for the PS3 you can buy any bluetooth one, one which cost £10 would work. For the 360 you would have to buy the official wireless headset if you wanted one, which costs quite a bit in itself. That is of course if you were to buy the Elite and calculate costs compared to the PS3 80gb which is curently out. Also, the PS3 has blu-ray, which despite the fact many people don't care that much, the price of DVDs has reduced quite a bit since blu-ray was released in the UK and will most likely replace/ be used more than DVD sometime.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 04:11:42 PM »
The CPU in the PS3 is ridiculously faster than even the best PC's out there, it's just a different kind of calculation it can do

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »
It's cos we have a  :censored: load ov VAT on everything. Even with the VAT drop its stil stupidly high.
Thats true, i mean, is Gordan Brown retarded? Borrowing money got the UK into recession, so he thinks borrowing more money will sort it? Thats like paying a credit card bill with a loan. All for a tax reduction of 2.5%

Wow... really... like 30p off a £40 order is really going to make me splurge

Obviously gordon brown thinks everybody in London is a hobo, as if its the 19th century again

For crying out loud, why dont the UK just stop giving out money to people and build its economy, whats worse, half the countrie losing their jobs, or not looking a bit racist, because think about it, half the people in my local area are on benifits, 9/10s of them, its because their parents are out doing drugs or prostitution, and then on top of all that, 4/5 out of everybody in my local area are immigrants and about 9/10 of them get free propertie from the government

So let me get this straight, if you have an education, and are born in the country, you have to pay for immigrants, pay for other stuff (most immigrants dont have to pay tax in my area) whereas if you just moved here, for whatever reason during this time, you get free shelter, free money, free everything

And how do they repay us, well by being racist to me and beating me up everyday

Because im not black, i get beaten up

Because im not pakistani i get beaten up

Because im not polish i get beaten up

And then white people beat me up because of this, they think im an illegal immagrant

(Also the laws here suck, robber breaks into ur house, say you push him down the stairs while he holds you at gun point, you go to jail, where as in some states in america, you can shot the :censored:)

I know its long, but free speech

Nobody can shut me up about me views (im not being racist, im just :censored:ing about the politics)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
Xbox 360: Loud, Flashy, Good for Gaming, Piracy (not saying good or bad. you decide which), Cheap ($180)
Playstation 3: Quiet, Not flashy, Great for both multimedia access to the psp, and Gaming, More expensive. ($340)

Those are the qualities and disadvantages I am looking at.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »
Xbox 360: Loud, Flashy, Good for Gaming, Piracy (not saying good or bad. you decide which), Cheap ($180)
Playstation 3: Quiet, Not flashy, Great for both multimedia access to the psp, and Gaming, More expensive. ($340)

Those are the qualities and disadvantages I am looking at.

And remember on top of the 180 you need to buy a HDD and an XBL subsciption

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »
Yeah and on the ps3 you can intall linux, and put in a 500 gb hd for about 100-150 bucks, but on the 360, a tiny hard drive costs like 200 bucks+

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »
And remember on top of the 180 you need to buy a HDD and an XBL subsciption
and a wireless adaptor.

that adds up to about what a ps3 is anyways

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »
I wasn't too worried about the hdd. It comes with a 20gb hard drive
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110328024587

And you can also run linux from 360

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 10:12:57 PM »
I wasn't too worried about the hdd. It comes with a 20gb hard drive
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110328024587

And you can also run linux from 360

It takes a LOT more to run it on the 360, on the PS3 there are multiple forms of linux designed specifically for it...

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 08:32:02 AM »
Yea, I did a bit of research looking for tutorials and other sorts of things and tbh, I wouldn't mind having an Xbox 360. I am not a gaming extremist, therefore I wouldn't dish out hundreds more just to get a couple better features. Making an Xbox 360 laptop looks promising. My dad could help me out with that. Yes, it will cost alot but im not saying i am going to do it. Just a thought.

:tup:

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »
Yea, I did a bit of research looking for tutorials and other sorts of things and tbh, I wouldn't mind having an Xbox 360. I am not a gaming extremist, therefore I wouldn't dish out hundreds more just to get a couple better features. Making an Xbox 360 laptop looks promising. My dad could help me out with that. Yes, it will cost alot but im not saying i am going to do it. Just a thought.

:tup:

The 360 laptops were being sold for over 3000 dollars and took Ben Heck weeks of time to do.  Good luck lol

Offline RoBot1ks

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • 1 r n00ber
    • Myspace
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:02 AM »
lol yea man thanks
If I really decided to do it, it would take me forever
my luck: get everything placed and play it for a week. And it RROD's  :rofl:

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »
Lol that's the point at which you pick up your 360 and throw it out the window...

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2008, 04:10:55 PM »
On the topic of Gaming PC's costing a lot. I don't have a lot of money and my parents wouldn't spend the amount of money a PS3 costs on me because they'd rather me go out side. So on my birthday I asked for $300 dollars. I brought my mother board, RAM, HDD, CPU and the case for my computer. I ended up buying a 9800 GT for $120. Over all it was $420. This computer beats a PS3 but a fair bit with   the PS3's GPU being a variation of the 7800 GT of which is about 2x-3x as slow as a 9800 GT.  A 60 GB PS3 costs around $600 in Australia which is $200 more than I spent and it does not even give the same preformance. I have since then upgraded my PC with more RAM and a better graphics card which as said before is the beauty of PC's.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2008, 09:51:27 PM »
On the topic of Gaming PC's costing a lot. I don't have a lot of money and my parents wouldn't spend the amount of money a PS3 costs on me because they'd rather me go out side. So on my birthday I asked for $300 dollars. I brought my mother board, RAM, HDD, CPU and the case for my computer. I ended up buying a 9800 GT for $120. Over all it was $420. This computer beats a PS3 but a fair bit with   the PS3's GPU being a variation of the 7800 GT of which is about 2x-3x as slow as a 9800 GT.  A 60 GB PS3 costs around $600 in Australia which is $200 more than I spent and it does not even give the same preformance. I have since then upgraded my PC with more RAM and a better graphics card which as said before is the beauty of PC's.

what's in the comp, because for 420 bucks you'd probably have some lower end gear...

Offline VoX

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »
9800 GT 512mb, 4GB Ram, 320 GB Hard drive, AMD 6000+ CPU. Runs Crysis fine on Medium/High. 60+ FPS on Call of Duty 4 with everything at highest and 4xAA

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »
I know this chart is kind of old but you get the idea

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0