Author Topic: Suggesting New Mods  (Read 920 times)

Offline SirStar

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Suggesting New Mods
« on: December 29, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »
I can't seem to find the right spot for a new mod suggestion (thought I saw a link here somewhere), so I’ll post a quick thought here.

Since we don't have much room in the 360 controller, and the 'rumble' motors take up a lot of space, here's a idea.... (patent pending, if you can do that with thoughts/ideas =) )

What's to say we can't replace those motors with a circuit board that has a piezo buzzer on it that does the vibration? Current cell phone technology uses the piezo buzzer to give us this vibration feedback.

We could design the board to fit into where the motors sit, and take up 75% less room.  If the circuit was designed well, it could also save some battery life.

I don’t have the electronics background to design this circuit (won’t stop me from trying though).

Thoughts?

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Suggesting New Mods
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 11:36:12 AM »
I believe you're looking for this e-mail address:

ask-am@acidmods.com

That's where you should send any mod ideas you have and if they think it's worth trying, you'll be invited to join an msn convo with 4 of some of the greatest modders of AcidMods, along with Robin ("just because he can"). And then plans will be made, etc. I don't think they're having much luck with the "ask-am" feature, so perhaps your idea will be the first that will be worked on :)

Good luck.

(Here's the original news post announcing this new feature: https://www.acidmods.com/news/?p=193

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline SirStar

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Suggesting New Mods
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 11:41:36 AM »
Thanks!  I'll send the idea into them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal